Mac Retina display support

I just got a new MacBook Pro (not the one with the Touch Bar, mid-2015 model), and unfortunately KSP does not support Retina Display; which basically means that a 15" (38.1 cm) screen has a 2880 x 1800 resolution, twice the normal (1440 x 900) resolution of usual 15" screens. This makes the GUI look way too small when played on full resolution, and even the UI scale slider only goes up to 150%, and is not sufficient.

On 11/30/2016 at 2:19 PM, lrd.Helmet said:

I have this same problem. Although since last update I can't play ksp anymore on my Macbook. Still I'd like to see this adressed and be able to appreciate retina in all its glory

Why can't you play anymore? I'm on a late 2013 MacBook Pro.

The retina display is not radically different to any other monitor, it just packs more pixels on a smaller screen and to software it looks no different than a regular hi resolution monitor.

OSX automatically doubles the size of UI elements to make them usable, otherwise you'd have the same problem with the Apple desktop.

You can easily use KSP on a high resolution monitor by increasing the UI_SCALE entry in the settings.cfg above 1.5

As it is a floating point value 1.5 is 150% scale, 2.0 is 200% scale and so on, so increase it until it looks right on your screen.

Hope this helps.

Manually editing the config file is a workaround, though, not a solution.  Lots of laptops have high-DPI displays these days, and the game probably ought to adjust its UI scaling automatically based on the screen DPI (which can be queried by software).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.