Focus on Craft Not Working

I did a fresh install last week after not having played for awhile.  No mods or saves restored.  I had a craft in orbit and added two maneuver nodes.  Focused on Mun, then hit backspace to focus on craft again, but it will not focus on the craft.  I can switch focus back to Kerbal.  If I click on the craft the only options I get are for adding a maneuver node or warp to here, as if I clicked on orbital path.

Yeh, so because I can't switch focus to the craft in map view, I don't get the craft specific buttons on the right.  Note I am controlling the vessel though, so I have the navball.

Edited by AaronLS

• 3 weeks later...
On 2.12.2016 at 11:52 AM, sal_vager said:

Hi @AaronLS and @Ultimate Steve, Backspace was used for reset camera and for the abort action group, so was causing trouble, so the camera reset was changed to backquote ( ` ) to the left of the 1 key and above the Tab, also making it a bit more ergonomic.

Hope this helps!

´Thanks, didn´t know it changed. Had that problem a few days ago... Doesnt work with my keyboard layout (QWERTZ) though, so thats one of the default keybindings that wont work for all.

3 minutes ago, rudi1291 said:

´Thanks, didn´t know it changed. Had that problem a few days ago... Doesnt work with my keyboard layout (QWERTZ) though, so thats one of the default keybindings that wont work for all.

Yeah unfortunately Unity expects US English and uses the character instead of the scancode, as you can see foreign keys are missing here.

Depending on your language backquote may be a shifted or alt key.

15 minutes ago, sal_vager said:

Yeah unfortunately Unity expects US English and uses the character instead of the scancode, as you can see foreign keys are missing here.

Depending on your language backquote may be a shifted or alt key.

Can write backquote ` with shift, unfortunatly that doesn´t work ingame. Alt won´t work either. The square brackets are the other 'important' keybinding that wont work with my layout.

On 12/1/2016 at 8:22 PM, AaronLS said:

I did a fresh install last week after not having played for awhile.  No mods or saves restored.  I had a craft in orbit and added two maneuver nodes.  Focused on Mun, then hit backspace to focus on craft again, but it will not focus on the craft.  I can switch focus back to Kerbal.  If I click on the craft the only options I get are for adding a maneuver node or warp to here, as if I clicked on orbital path.

Yeh, so because I can't switch focus to the craft in map view, I don't get the craft specific buttons on the right.  Note I am controlling the vessel though, so I have the navball.

I think backspace still works to reset focus if you are in map view.  I have seen the map view get buggered up, particularly when working with maneuver nodes, to where it will stop responding to input.  Did you try going out of map view, back into map view, and then hitting backspace again?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.