Mission idea: Kerbal Dakar 2017

Triop

1 minute ago, mrmcp1 said:

This challenge definitely gave me back my motivation for kerbal 

Also a kerbal style racing/rally gave would be awesome 

I knew this would happen ... at one point people become bored with the whole space thing. There's not much adrenaline flowing besides the crucial moments we all know. And we all want to feel alive.

It's true ... almost all of us have played shooters, WW2 flight sims, racing games ... then we discover this. It does something with our minds ... something we couldn't experience before. We love it, we crave it. But even the whole space thing comes to an end. So we start to look in different directions. What else is possible? And so we realize this game has the most easy to use and powerful editor on the market. And a pretty decent physics simulation as well. Racing must be the only way humans can compete in a friendly way without really hurting each other.

Just now, Azimech said:

I knew this would happen ... at one point people become bored with the whole space thing. There's not much adrenaline flowing besides the crucial moments we all know. And we all want to feel alive.

It's true ... almost all of us have played shooters, WW2 flight sims, racing games ... then we discover this. It does something with our minds ... something we couldn't experience before. We love it, we crave it. But even the whole space thing comes to an end. So we start to look in different directions. What else is possible? And so we realize this game has the most easy to use and powerful editor on the market. And a pretty decent physics simulation as well. Racing must be the only way humans can compete in a friendly way without really hurting each other.

Azimech. Do I need my boots? :P

just kidding. Remember the question I asked you in PM? Clearly not necessary haha. 

2 minutes ago, Azimech said:

*sniffle*

HEAR HEAR!!!

Just finished Stage 5

hjOT8TO.png

This is how you prove a stage, screenshot from the start and a screenshot from your finish showing car + flag.

Be sure your speed at the start says 0,0 m/s !

I pressed F1 as soon as the clock was 00:28:00 so it would be easyer to calculate my time

Yfl02lS.png

owh9jYL.png

As you can see I finished 00:44:11 making my total stage time 00:16:11.

Not fast, I know, lost a solar panel on the last stage but I'm still in the race ! :lol:

1 minute ago, Triop said:

Just finished Stage 5

hjOT8TO.png

This is how you prove a stage, screenshot from the start and a screenshot from your finish showing car + flag.

I pressed F1 as soon as the clock was 00:28:00 so it would be easyer to calculate my time

Yfl02lS.png

owh9jYL.png

Not fast, I know, lost a solar panel on the last stage but I'm still in the race ! :lol:

Just be sure to include this very important info in the OP.

What am I saying. You already thought of that. Shame on me.

4 minutes ago, Triop said:

Just finished Stage 5

-snip-

I pressedF1 as soon as the clock was 00:28:00 so it would be easyer to calculate my time

- snip snip-

Nice!  Yeah I tried to go over the hills instead of around... bad choice on my part!  Next time I'll take the plains instead of the highlands... >.<

Edited by Slam_Jones

6 minutes ago, mrmcp1 said:

Surprisingly I haven't posted in the wrong threads yet

That's funny! I'm out of likes for a few hours though.

1 minute ago, Slam_Jones said:

Nice!  Yeah I tried to go over the hills instead of around... bad choice on my part!  Next time I'll take the plains instead of the highlands... >.<

Yeah ... you wouldn't be the first :-)

4 minutes ago, Slam_Jones said:

Even going around is not safe, + a lot of 45 degrees sideways driving, my neck hurts....^_^

Edited by Triop

2 minutes ago, Triop said:

Even going around is not safe, + a lot of 45 degrees sideways driving, my neck hurts....^_^

According to my girl, I'm very good at giving a massage.

Edit: Oops ... ignore! She gets jealous very easily.

Edited by Azimech

Just now, Triop said:

The sideways driving I can deal with!  It's the unexpected drops that always get me >.>   (Especially if I forget to monitor my speed on a downhill stretch... ohhhh boy)

I'll try to upload the videos of my most recent attempt tonight.  I was going to yesterday, but I was too discouraged about failing that I just went to bed.  Having slept on it, I know it's just a learning experience, as are all these practice runs :)   I really wanted to get my first legit finish though...

3 minutes ago, Slam_Jones said:

The sideways driving I can deal with!  It's the unexpected drops that always get me >.>   (Especially if I forget to monitor my speed on a downhill stretch... ohhhh boy)

I'll try to upload the videos of my most recent attempt tonight.  I was going to yesterday, but I was too discouraged about failing that I just went to bed.  Having slept on it, I know it's just a learning experience, as are all these practice runs :)   I really wanted to get my first legit finish though...

I'm too lazy to memorize the whole stage so I planted markers to guide me through it. The clutter is terrible. Anyway ... My best run was my first run, in the dark using cockpit view, and without navigational guides. Finished the whole track in 1,5 hours (In a "thing" you could call science fiction, even if stock). Any moment I couldn't see the horizon but the sky I knew I was driving up approaching the top. That's where I slowed down. Helped me a lot.