Do Weather RIGHT

4 hours ago, TheEpicSquared said:

I completely agree with this. It would give so much depth to launching rockets. Although, I agree that it should be toggleable (I, however, would keep it on). :) 

EDIT: Yay! This is my 500th post! :D 

EDIT 2: @ZooNamedGames Was it by chance Airforceproud95? I've seen it as well and it's pretty funny. :P 

Yes it was ironically :P

4 hours ago, Azimech said:

Flying an airplane is a bit too easy. I want strong winds & turbulence during take off & landing.

Also, I want to sail ships.

Sailing ships was something I completely glossed over but that would be benefited!

5 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Sailing ships was something I completely glossed over but that would be benefited!

Sailing ships are nice but when weather is done REALLY right wind and mountains will generate up-drafts making sailplanes a viability. :wink:

Edited by Tex_NL

I think weather would be nice; Especially like hurricanes and thunderstorms and stuff. It would REALLY be cool when like you're re-entering a mission.

*Simulation*

Mission Control: Attention flight, be aware; Hurricane Danny, Category 3 hurricane, is going to be right in your glide path. Be aware on re-entry.

Flight: 10-4, we are aware of Hurricane Danny. Requesting permission to do a couple more orbits to get the glide path out of the Hurricane path, over.

etc, etc etc.

I'd prefer they not do weather "right", as it would be computationally expensive. Just uniform wind from a random direction, with some changeability in speed and direction would be plenty.

Seasons I can do without altogether. I don't think Kerbin's tilt or orbital parameters will substantially change so it would irk me to have seasons without a reason for them.

Clouds add immensely to the immersion and aesthetic appeal of the game, it's one of the first things I mod in on a new install and I hate playing without it. Should have been done long ago, IMO.

2 hours ago, Red Iron Crown said:

I'd prefer they not do weather "right", as it would be computationally expensive. Just uniform wind from a random direction, with some changeability in speed and direction would be plenty.

Seasons I can do without altogether. I don't think Kerbin's tilt or orbital parameters will substantially change so it would irk me to have seasons without a reason for them.

Clouds add immensely to the immersion and aesthetic appeal of the game, it's one of the first things I mod in on a new install and I hate playing without it. Should have been done long ago, IMO.

Some have already mentioned how it can lightly and simply calculate for weather in game and their effects. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.