Adding non-squad sounds to engines?

Nnimrod

14 minutes ago, Randazzo said:

As long as you're getting the desired end result, run with it.

Is there a correct way to specify that it needs to be applied after all other patches that apply themselves after zRealPlume? Just FINAL?

I mostly fumble my way through these things and if something works I just go with it.

I get where you're coming from and I've made electronics work my way because they didn't work they way the were supposed to. But this is software. It's a great way to create new bugs. What may work for you ...

9 hours ago, sarbian said:

@PART[rn_aerobee150_eng]:AFTER[zRealPlume]:Final

Order specification are not something you pile on top of each other. A patch is either AFTER something or FINAL, not both.

So the correct way would be to have only :FINAL? For the record, I'm not using that patch, but I appreciate being told where I'm wrong, otherwise I might not figure it out on my own.

AFTER[zRealPlume] would work if there is no patch that changes the engine effect after that (I doubt there is). FINAL would work but I would recommend it only for a personal patch and not a mod you distribute.

22 minutes ago, sarbian said:

AFTER[zRealPlume] would work if there is no patch that changes the engine effect after that (I doubt there is). FINAL would work but I would recommend it only for a personal patch and not a mod you distribute.

There are 28 patches that run after zRealPlume. That's why I put the final on there, thinking it will run last, after zRealPlume. Since it didn't work for Nnimrod anyway, it's irrelevant, but (naturally) you are correct and it runs fine with the final tag removed.

Edited by Randazzo
number correction

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.