I've been playing the demo all day, and I finally got KSP 1.2.2 for OS, and I was really excitied to play, but when I launch, the play button does not work. I press the update button, it leads me to Kerbal Patching Guide (https://kerbalspaceprogram.com/en/?page_id=531), which only talks about PC patching. I've been looking all night, and I'm pretty sure, the only thing I can do for now is download 1.1.3 for OS until this gets fixed, but I feel I'll have the same problem. I'd really like this resolved so I don't regret spending my money.

Thank you.

Hi @KerbalAustronaut, there is a problem with KSP on MacOS sierra, so I assume you're using sierra, basically Apples Gatekeeper won't let it run.

But this should fix it.

On 12/10/2016 at 3:55 AM, justspace103 said:

i had this issue and heres how you fix it: right click on the application and select "show package contents". then navigate through contents, then MacOS, and click the executable shown. KSP works perfectly fine after that so its an issue with the application connecting to the executable.

2 hours ago, sal_vager said:

Hi @KerbalAustronaut, there is a problem with KSP on MacOS sierra, so I assume you're using sierra, basically Apples Gatekeeper won't let it run.

Also going to System preferences/Security and Privacy you can tell Gatekeeper to open KSP. Once you do that on a fresh download it should open after that without fuss.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.