Mission Idea: Emulating Real Life in Kerbal Space Program [WIP] [Submit a Payload] [Become a Launch or Payload Provider]

Are payloads allowed to have reaction wheels? Like for small sats. You don't normally see sats with control thrusters.

Also, it isn't easy to get good roll control without having ugly and unrealistic four-way thrusters on the outside. And rn I'm not using monopropellant for them.

2 hours ago, Skylon said:

Do we need a mechjeb part on our rocket? It costs 750 funds

Not necessarily. If you want me to fly it manually (for whatever reason), I can.

1 hour ago, Skylon said:

Are payloads allowed to have reaction wheels? Like for small sats. You don't normally see sats with control thrusters.

Also, it isn't easy to get good roll control without having ugly and unrealistic four-way thrusters on the outside. And rn I'm not using monopropellant for them.

Payloads can have reaction wheels.

Ok everybody, I've fallen a bit ill, so I'll answer all your questions in a bit when I can stand looking at a computer screen for more than a minute at a time. 

:) 

13 hours ago, kerbinorbiter said:

i would like to schedual a demo flight and just to put the stakes up i would like to launch a satilite on it

im already working on the second iteration of the booster (it will be called the JebX Kerbinica 9)

You'll be added to the launch manifest soonTM.

13 hours ago, nascarlaser1 said:

@TheEpicSquared 

I regret to inform you I am having problems uploading my craft. I will try to upload it later. I have also lost interest in doing this sadly for now, though later I may return. I am very very sorry. :(.

:( Ok, we look forward to your return.

12 hours ago, Skylon said:

Could I be Skylon AeroTech instead as it includes my name? Are slogans still allowed?

As per forum rule 2.2j, you can't have company names, instead you will be participating as yourself.

11 hours ago, surge said:

Rockets cannot be rockets... What?

I meant that the SSTOs cannot be rocket-only, or spaceplane.

9 hours ago, Abastro said:

Can I recover stages splashed on water? Also is offseting decoupler in cargo bay allowed? Staging will be simulated with deployment of interstage fairing.

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

9 hours ago, icantmakemodels said:

Hey, it's Friday. When will you be creating the save?

Also: 

Save is already created, I'll download every rocket today and start launching. :) 

8 hours ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

This sounds like a fun idea! Can I be a payload provider and a launch provider? Is there any chance of a discount for launching my own payload on my own launch vehicle? 

I'll get started installing the mods.

What version of KCT should I use? The beta that is linked to, or the stable?

1. You can be both an LP and a PP.

2. No, the cost will still be the same, because you'll still have a payload, and a rocket, both of which cost funds. :) 

3. Use the KCT version linked in the OP please. That way we'll avoid issues. 

4 hours ago, Skylon said:

@TheEpicSquared could you make it clear to in the rules and mod list that people don't have to install all the mods? Also that there is a limit of 15 LPs for now? And update the LP list, it seems a lot of people are going straight to the spacecraft exchange without leaving a message here. Make sure they have read the rules

Oh and make sure there is a clear link (preferably embedded) to the spacecraft exchange in the topic description and vice versa.

Yup, I will.

1 hour ago, FireKerb said:

Nvm I'm going to be a PP instead. 

Ok, make sure to read the PP rules carefully.

1 hour ago, Skylon said:

I (finally) got my lifter up on the other thread. Will be adding comsats soon

Ok.

2 minutes ago, Skylon said:

I have posted another payload which I think will launch first. On my commsat post

Ok, perfect. 

Are 13 more sats going to be launched on my Iridium-1? You kind of implied that when you asked if I could spin-deploy 13 satellites. :) 

1 minute ago, TheEpicSquared said:

Ok, perfect. 

Are 13 more sats going to be launched on my Iridium-1? You kind of implied that when you asked if I could spin-deploy 13 satellites. :) 

Oh no i meant if you were willing to have 13 says that don't really function in your save. 

1 minute ago, Skylon said:

Oh no i meant if you were willing to have 13 says that don't really function in your save. 

Oh ok. But yeah, I can do that. Do you want the 13 sats to be on the first flight of the Arthur-1? 

Edited by TheEpicSquared

9 minutes ago, Skylon said:

Have you updated the launch provider list? Also do I have to give you my demosat for the launch to be added? Yeah 13 says on the Arthur-1 please

I'm updating it now. I'll update the launch manifest for the Arthur-1, now with 12 SkySat-0s and 1 SkySat-1B for the maiden flight. 

Arthur in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (at the start planet Earth is destroyed by the Vogons)

With your rule on new rockets cost 6x the original cost for the first launch, what if I have a launcher with 2 SRBs and then one with 4? There would be no other change. If I still have to pay 6x for both, I will skip the 2 SRB version.

26 minutes ago, Skylon said:

Arthur in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (at the start planet Earth is destroyed by the Vogons)

With your rule on new rockets cost 6x the original cost for the first launch, what if I have a launcher with 2 SRBs and then one with 4? There would be no other change. If I still have to pay 6x for both, I will skip the 2 SRB version.

For incremental versions of rockets, you just have to add the cost of the changes to the first launch. So for example, if changes cost 5,000 and a launch costs 10,000, then the first launch will be 15,000. After that the cost returns to normal.

2 minutes ago, StupidAndy said:

okay, on my rocket, I don't have the mechjeb thing, but can you put it on the payload when I launch one?

No, I can't change the payload in any way. But you don't have to have the mechjeb part on your rocket, I can fly it manually.

Also, I'm going to set budgets now:

LPs: 100,000

PPs: 200,000

I'm recording the first flight now, video should be up tomorrow. :) 

Just now, TheEpicSquared said:

No, I can't change the payload in any way. But you don't have to have the mechjeb part on your rocket, I can fly it manually.

okay, then I have to edit my rocket

don't download this one, its also not finished

I sound like NASA and other non-SpaceX aerospace companies

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.