Alcentar ind. Vostok v1.1 Sputnik 1/2/3

Alcentar

I think your Vostock is brilliant and I agree with Jack that that it needs to be beefed up a bit so it doesnt explode when it hits the ground also it would be cool if scorching was generated on the capsule somehow I believe  someone was working on this might have been bobcat. If memory serves me right didnt Yuri Gagarin  parachute out before the capsule hit the ground.

Edited by Virtualgenius

11 minutes ago, Virtualgenius said:

I think your Vostock is brilliant and I agree with Jack that that it needs to be beefed up a bit so it doesnt explode when it hits the ground also it would be cool if scorching was generated on the capsule somehow I believe  someone was working on this might have been bobcat. If memory serves me right didnt Yuri Gagarin  parachute out before the capsule hit the ground.

he did which is prob why it blows up on impact acctualy i think the Vostock had no parachutes it was only Yuri had the chutes

• 1 month later...
On 28.05.2017 at 2:35 PM, Virtualgenius said:

On 28.05.2017 at 2:47 PM, kerbinorbiter said:

he did which is prob why it blows up on impact acctualy i think the Vostock had no parachutes it was only Yuri had the chutes

Do kerbonaut sits separately and the capsule separately ... Let this be done by those who make real replicas.
Now I do not do much modding, rather when it's completely boring, but I'm gradually moving forward.
Did a lot of work on the soyuz spacecraft.
That's about 55% of the old version of soyuz.

SZ7.png

There are also developments for soyuz a new generation, and a burnt version when the petals of the protective coating will be removed with the help of ModuleJettison.

SZ1.png

SZ2.png

I also reworked old textures, added block-I, several versions of R7 stages of different colors and even fairings, so you can create a fairing for you.

screenshot150.png

screenshot154.png

screenshot151.png

• 7 months later...

I'm a big fan of recreating the space race,  so I downloaded your mod to supplement Tantares. I launched an R7 with Sputnik 1 from the Kosmodrome launch pad, using Gravity turn to control the ascent(I don't link flying missions that don't have pilots).

For whatever reason the rocket was spiraling around it's center axis, but the nose of the rocket wasn't in the center of the spiral. I reverted the flight and launched manually with SAS on and didn't have the same issue. I've never had issue like this using Gravity Turn and other rockets, so I'm not sure if its a problem with GT or with the rocket itself. I'll do more tests, such as launching the rocket using mechjeb, and launching from the regular KSC to try and narrow the issue down further.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.