SpaceX Discussion Thread

Skylon

4 minutes ago, DAL59 said:

This is the worst satelite video ever made.  What's with the cliche vague words?  No actual description of the sat?  Why do they have a fake hologram with random numbers showing for half the video?  Why are they pretending to have a hologram?  Why are there random people walking montages?  

Because it's the government.

6 minutes ago, DAL59 said:

This is the worst satelite video ever made.  What's with the cliche vague words?  No actual description of the sat?  Why do they have a fake hologram with random numbers showing for half the video?  Why are they pretending to have a hologram?  Why are there random people walking montages?  

That was so cringey. Wow.

8 minutes ago, DAL59 said:

Ahem...

GOVsat... <_<

Sigh, well this is another one I’ve missed. Glad for a successful launch, now let’s light that Triple Skinny! :D

7 minutes ago, DAL59 said:

It's not even their  satilite, (though the company that they are hosted by is from Luxembourg) and it was built by an American company. It doesn't even have it's own Wikipedia page

16 minutes ago, DAL59 said:

So what we learn from that video is: "Our company is getting a GEO commsat." At least the video they played in the SpaceX webcast before launch had some details.

1 hour ago, Nightfury said:

what the hell is this squeaking noise in the background?:confused:

edit : *was*

They're launching RATSat 2 by mistake?

And on a serious note, I gotta admit I was glad to see that payload deploying nice and smoothly after the shenanigans around the last launch.

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

Announcer dude said Prince and Princess... My apologies if that's incorrect. Either way, it's pretty cool they came over to watch. I hope they enjoy Florida while they're here!

The correct title is Heriditary Grand Duke, as he will eventually follow his father as Grand Duke of Luxembourg. Although Prince is not completely wrong.

1 hour ago, insert_name said:

It's not even their  satilite, (though the company that they are hosted by is from Luxembourg) and it was built by an American company. It doesn't even have it's own Wikipedia page

The satellite was designed and built on the sole initiative of the Luxembourgish government, officially as a commitment to NATO.

SES was chosen as commercial partner, as it was founded in 1985 by the Luxembourgish government and 1/6th of its shares (with 1/3rd of the voting rights) are still owned both directly and indirectly by the Luxembourgish state. So refusing this offer to collaborate on LuxGovSat wasn't really an option for SES, especially as one can expect that the state also took care of providing the necessary monetary incentives.

35 minutes ago, Tullius said:

The correct title is Heriditary Grand Duke, as he will eventually follow his father as Grand Duke of Luxembourg. Although Prince is not completely wrong.

OK, thank you. Again, I was just quoting the announcer.

I hope they enjoyed the launch, and their visit, the weather couldn't be better!

Edited by Just Jim

58 minutes ago, KSK said:

They're launching RATSat 2 by mistake?

And on a serious note, I gotta admit I was glad to see that payload deploying nice and smoothly after the shenanigans around the last launch.

What? You mean we are not going to have 4 or 5 pages and a new thread created to describe the mysterious disappearance of a spy satellite that the government really doesn't want anyone know where it is.

How can you be sure it went smoothly . . . .that's CIA, KGB . . .fake news . . . .?

I suppose I should put a smiley face on here somewhere . . . .

:confused: