SpaceX Discussion Thread

Skylon

Just now, DAL59 said:

And they cut away just before SECO :(

Think it was some sort of bug, we did not see the bell cooling. 
And what is govsat-1, I assume its classified or it would be public, so I guess its an military communication satellite because of GEO, you will not get details but its not very secret. 

3 minutes ago, Nightfury said:

I think it will sink pretty fast as water gets in through the engines

I doubt water can actually make it into the tanks through the engines. They do a controlled shutdown so the valves will be closed.

But that's a moot point, because without a solid surface to keep it upright, the stage will tip, hit the water hard, and break up. With explosions.

1 minute ago, magnemoe said:

Think it was some sort of bug, we did not see the bell cooling. 
And what is govsat-1, I assume its classified or it would be public, so I guess its an military communication satellite because of GEO, you will not get details but its not very secret. 

It is an SES satilites with a government hosted payload, and it was briefly visible several times during the webcast

Just now, sevenperforce said:

I doubt water can actually make it into the tanks through the engines. They do a controlled shutdown so the valves will be closed.

But that's a moot point, because without a solid surface to keep it upright, the stage will tip, hit the water hard, and break up. With explosions.

Just like in KSP, if an high rocket land on water it will break up then tipping. 
This is why landing cans and hitchhiker modules are not rated for landing on Kerbin or Laythe. 

This is the worst satelite video ever made.  What's with the cliche vague words?  No actual description of the sat?  Why do they have a fake hologram with random numbers showing for half the video?  Why are they pretending to have a hologram?  Why are there random people walking montages?