No KSPAsset in Unity menu

19 hours ago, sarbian said:

I just started a clean project and redid the tut steps and it exports the bundles fine.

Things to check (indulge me, we can all miss a step):

• File=>Build Settings. Is the Platform set to "PC, Mac & Linux Standalone" ?
  • From the PartTools_KSP11_2.zip did you copy the PartTools directory into your project Asset folder. And then did you import the PartTools_AssetBundles.unitypackage ? ( Assets Tab along the top -> Import Package -> Custom Package -> Select the PartTools_AssetBundles.unitypackage)
  • Then you dragged an object from the Hierarchy tab into the "Project Tab" Asset folder ? It created an item with a blue cube icon ?
  • Then on the lower right panel "Asset Labels" you selected the drop down menu, chose new and typed the name you want to use for your bundle ?
  • Then in the KSPAsset menu you chose "Asset Compiler" and clicked "create" next to the name you chose for your bundle ? (in your post you talk about "build menu". that is not the name and sounds like a different script you may have laying around)

Edit: the message you have is the one you get when the asset builder methods is called with the wrong parameters and that s why I am quite sure you have a stray .cs script in your project.

I redid everything as per your steps. Still no luck. One question does the personal edition of unity or 64bit make any difference? So i am going to make a video of everything. So you guys can see

Edited by Redneck

38 minutes ago, Redneck said:

Ok so i made a video . can you tell me what i did wrong? https://www.twitch.tv/videos/232368864

Oh, I see the problem now and I had it too...

You need to use this version of the tools that includes all the tools in one packages but require the free version of TextMeshPro that is compatible with 5.4 ( that I can't seems to find...). So we need someone with that version to upload it somewhere... ( I am searching my disk to see if I still have it )

Edited by sarbian

9 minutes ago, sarbian said:

Oh, I see the problem now and I had it too...

You need to use this version of the tools that includes all the tools in one packages but require the free version of TextMeshPro that is compatible with 5.4 ( that I can seems to find...). So we need someone with that version to upload it somewhere... ( I am searching my disk to see if I still have it )

yes sir i know that link also. And i have tried that version of parttools also. So THAT parttools download does not include a parttools folder to drop in. I guess maybe it is a all-in-one import? So i will try something different. With the parttools folder already dropped in from the previous installation ill just update the package from your link.

Update: so i did that and now KspAssets menu is no longer there and i restarted unity still isnt there

Edited by Redneck

5 minutes ago, Redneck said:

ok sarbian thank you very much for taking the time to help me

Sorry, I could not find the free version on my disks. Someone will have to upload the TextMeshPro.dll somewhere...

5 minutes ago, sarbian said:

Sorry, I could not find the free version on my disks. Someone will have to upload the TextMeshPro.dll somewhere...

thanks sarbian i appreciate you trying. I'll try to google and look around. BTW love mechjeb. If you get a notion come on LMP discord with us and try out the multiplayer its a blast. MEchjeb works great in multiplayer :thumbsup: 

Edited by Redneck

So i reverted unity to version 5.3.8 and it appears to have built the bundle and no errors in the console. Using the TextMeshPro from this post

name of asset with the .ksp extension is in the folder

Edited by Redneck

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.