ISRO Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, steve9728 said:

Know this several days late but:(

R.I.P.

Dang.  I just posted here the other day that the owner of that iconic voice was a national treasure.   Life is so ephemeral, we must treasure what we can, while we can, I suppose.   The KSP2 team could do a tribute with a toggle to make Valamathi's voice the countdown voice if the ISRO would allow it. 

Edited by darthgently

• 3 weeks later...

Contact still not established, hope fading.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/sep/26/india-chandrayaan-3-vikram-lander-pragyan-sleep-mode-failure

This article is a bit deficient in explaining that this would be a mission extension and a failure to establish communications is not a mission failure.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2023 at 3:53 PM, tater said:

F8oY5ghbYAAbBcl?format=jpg

Now this is an very curious design and spent a long time trying to figure out how its put together. 
Of the 4 images in one on the top we see the capsule and a service module tapering in at the bottom. Below that we have 4 srb pointing outward and down. 
Then right top its integrated into an fairing with an skirt. finally all this is lowered over the capsule 

The test rocket show how it all goes together. 
Shows all connected, I assume the service module goes down into the bottom fairing and little of the capsule expands above the SRB for the abort system. 
But then they add another abort tower on top, 

Yes launcher is comical small but this is an suborbital abort test like the even smaller rocket used for the abort test for Apollo. 
But why two launch abort systems?  I know Soyuz has two but not an smaller version who take up as much room as the orbital module as it looks like here.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

https://x.com/isro/status/1770998585003512045?s=46&t=Jd73T2beq0JLNtwTy1uR5A

Indian test vehicle “Pushpak” undergoes more successful tests.

India will soon join the club and both China and the US currently have small, unmanned space planes on orbit right now. We’re waiting for you Russia!

Also, I bet if Japan was more militarily independent, we might have seen the HOPE-X spaceplane demonstrators evolve into an X-37B style platform.