[1.7.X] Civilian Population [RELEASED : 07/04/2018]

Pamynx

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/10/2018 at 6:43 AM, TheRagingScientist said:

I have a problem. neither of the landing legs work. When I right click them, there's no option to retract them, and they automatically deploy when the vehicle is launched. I'm running 1.3.1, and I used CKAN to install. 

Indeed there is a problem with the legs deployment. I kept the part hoping someone would try to fix it (perhaps a future me, but I did not work on it yet).

Edited by Pamynx

On 5/10/2018 at 10:36 PM, The-Doctor said:

Is there a way to have some bsic components of this like kerbals being born, without having any additional parts etc? 

You will need the habitat part to have kerbal birth, and a contractor dock if you want external growth.

For the other behaviour (death and rent), no special part is needed.

Created kerbals are regular kerbal with a new profession (civilian). So if your life support mod makes kerbals dies (TAC and Kerbalism does), they will die.

Anyway you need to know that kerbals are really created only if the vessel is controlled. So if you leave a vessel years without selecting it the civilian won't eat/drink/breath before you go take control of the ship.

Should be, I am playing with version 1.4.3 (MacOSX) and it works well.

But, there was a problem in 1.4.2 with Windows version, as the DLL are not the same.

What operating system are you using ?

7 hours ago, Pamynx said:

Should be, I am playing with version 1.4.3 (MacOSX) and it works well.

But, there was a problem in 1.4.2 with Windows version, as the DLL are not the same.

What operating system are you using ?

I use windows 10, i think. Does using sandbox affect the ship registering function?

The sandbox mode should change nothing except the funds creation.

Could you send me you KSP.log file ?

By the way, are you sure your ship counts a Civilian Population part that could house  civilians ? Like a house of any size ?

1 hour ago, Pamynx said:

Actually, where is the goddamn log :/

Anyway thanks for your help. Gonna try that later.

Either put it in a drop box or something, or have a look in it and tell me if you see lines looking like :

" [EXC 14:33:09.607] FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'UnityEngine.CoreModule, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. "

A lot of those to be honest.

7 minutes ago, Pamynx said:

Either put it in a drop box or something, or have a look in it and tell me if you see lines looking like :

" [EXC 14:33:09.607] FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'UnityEngine.CoreModule, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. "

File not found everywhere.

ok, crap...

Some problem is in 1.4.2, the libraries are not the same in MacOSX and Windows.

Try with the link I provided you, I hope it would work better.

The problem is I am working blindly because I do not have the Windows distribution of KSP :(

6 hours ago, Pamynx said:

Could you try this other version : http://nexus.amis.tv/repository/maven-snapshots/tv/amis/pamynx/ksp-civilian-population-mod/2.1.2-SNAPSHOT/ksp-civilian-population-mod-2.1.2-20180605.221505-2.zip

I managed to get the KSP distribution for Linux, I hope it uses the same binaries as in Windows distribution.

Gonnatry it tonight.

Anyway, may i help with anything?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.