[1.3] Beta - Integrated Stack Tank Decouplers

linuxgurugamer

It's always bothered me that you needed to add a separate part to do your staging.  It kind of makes sense if you are doing radial staging, but not for stacked.

So, I've written this mod to fix this shortcoming.

Essentially, it adds the ability to turn on an  integrated decoupler on all tanks which have a "top" node, with some exceptions which follow:

The mod will NOT modify a tank if:

• A tank already has a built-in decoupler
  • A tank has a built-in fairing
  • A tank has a built-in engine

Most stock tanks can use this mod, some other tanks by other mods will not because of these limitations.

Generally, the cases where a tank has a built-in engine usually means that the tank part of it isn't that significant, but there are some cases where it is, and I haven't yet decided how to deal with those.

The integrated decouplers are installed in the TOP of a tank.

To use, build your vessel as normal, but leave off the stack decouplers.  Then, right-click on the tank where you want a decoupler, and click the button which says "No decoupler".  The button will change to say "Integrated Decoupler", along with the other options for a decoupler (Force Percent and Disable Staging).  The following images show a simple two stage rocket with the integrated decoupler being configured for each stage.

This mod requires Module Manager

Incompatible Mods

Color Coded Canisters - due to the addition of the module "ModuleJettison" to many tanks, something to do with tank shrouds

Don't forget to check the staging after enabling a decoupler.

screenshot14.png

screenshot15.png

screenshot16.png

screenshot17.png

screenshot18.png

Edited by linuxgurugamer