Chinese Space Program (CNSA) & Ch. commercial launch and discussion

tater

2 hours ago, insert_name said:

Long March 9 has been redesigned again to be the chinese response to starship (fully reusable with full flow methalox engines). First launch planned for 2033

https://spacenews.com/china-plans-full-reusability-for-its-super-heavy-long-march-9-rocket/

Blackout every time when I saw it. Let's hope Musk proves that this way works.

"YF-130 is fine, why you guys changing it!"

However, CZ-9 is still in the state of technical demonstration - meaning that the final design of it hasn't settle down and the project still not been established yet. If anyone want to see a more objective and most plausible final design of the CZ-9 rocket, my advice would be to observe the construction of new facilities at the Wenchang launch site in recent years - especially something particularly large.

Edited by steve9728

The CSS orbit adjustment has not yet been completed, so it isn't yet known what method of docking will be used for this time. What is certain is that the "fast docking" method will be used, but it is not clear whether this will be around two or three hours like last time or around six hours.

Previous Tianzhou were also brought fruits up there including apples, grapes and oranges. However, the orbital module of Shenzhou also has some cargo capacity. Some fresh but unstorable food can also brought to the station.

Add: the original interview by CCTV (no English subs, sorry) said that the TZ-6 will bring a set of xenon cans for HET.  TZ-6 will also carry 1.75t of fuel this time, and 700kg of it will be refuelled to CSS. The reason for being able to carry 70kg more fruit, apart from tapping into TZ's potential from its improving the original design, was also thanks to the experience of previous cargo sent by the previous TZs. Which allowed the CMS team to gain relevant experience with intolerant storage foods: as they previously weren't known exactly how long these could be stored and consumed in the space environment.

Edited by steve9728

48 minutes ago, tater said:

Anyone wants the raw scientific data, here's the link: https://moon.bao.ac.cn/web/enmanager/mars1

Good news is English available, and the latest data released on 25 April are 391.8GB in total. Bad news is it's "bit of a pain" to download them.

Edited by steve9728

25 minutes ago, steve9728 said:

Anyone wants the raw scientific data, here's the link: https://moon.bao.ac.cn/web/enmanager/mars1

Good news is English available, and the latest data released on 25 April are 391.8GB in total. Bad news it's "bit of a pain" to download them.

For a moment I thought this implied that contact with the rover had been reestablished.  Photo is from last year, dang it.  Still, good photo!

Edited by darthgently

Reminds me there's one company in China whose owner said in his introductory video "in addition to this, we can make these satellites form a dot matrix in space so that we can even broadcast commercial ads in the night sky"

Don't worry, the comments below are all scolding him if I remember correctly.

Emmmm... not sure put this to science thread or here, but: Is China’s Korla laser ASAT site hacking Western satellites?

Don't really want to say anything about that, but I do wish this company could keep an eye on one of the facilities with a long runway near JSLC for us: with any luck, we might see the "little space shuttle" land. Just no one knows when it back home though.

Edited by steve9728

21 hours ago, steve9728 said:

Emmmm... not sure put this to science thread or here, but: Is China’s Korla laser ASAT site hacking Western satellites?

Interesting implications for the blimp. I saw it pop up on Twitter a couple days ago and chuckled at the reactions to it (treating it as some super weapon or a major threat).

On 4/4/2023 at 6:08 PM, steve9728 said:

Do some deeper little research about this. Some of the news report said that the Tianzhou-5 cargo ship will maintain in orbit for one year. Comparing to the previous TZs, which were running in the orbit for half a year, so I think the Tianzhou-5 won't de-orbit immediately after the Tianzhou-6 docking with CSS. But to be a co-orbit cargo bay with the station. When the Shenzhou-15 crew finished a week or two for handover the station to Shenzhou-16 crew and leave the station, Tianzhou-5 probably will dock with station again.

Confirm. According to CMS, the TZ-5 has just left the station. It will dock at Tianhe's forward docking port when Shenzhou-15 has left the station later.

image.png

image.png

Camera at Tianhe toward Tianzhou.

via. https://weibo.com/1971177973/MF91xbLWq

Edited by steve9728

Then we have three plans for returning more experiment samples back home as know so far. :

Tianzhou + heat shield

and the unmanned mode of the next gen manned spacecraft.

Edited by steve9728

Here we go!

image.png
image.png

via. https://weibo.com/7297852466/MFrPgotJc

In the video of the CCTV interview with the engineers, there's footages which I found quite interesting:

image.png

The new "facilities" behind the rocket launch sites doesn't look so much like it serves to rocket science but for tourism. Don't know what's really for yet.

Edited by steve9728

On 5/3/2023 at 6:18 PM, steve9728 said:

While people were taking photos about TZ-6 moving to launch pad from VAB, they also took one to the commercial launch tower:

image.png

via. https://weibo.com/5972454182/MFtC5dECC

On 5/5/2023 at 5:19 PM, steve9728 said:

Confirm. According to CMS, the TZ-5 has just left the station. It will dock at Tianhe's forward docking port when Shenzhou-15 has left the station later.

In next month, the CSS will be like:

image.png

image.png
image.png

add: lol, the top three trend on weibo now is "the astronauts are going to unboxing the parcels in space again":D

Edited by steve9728

On 5/2/2023 at 4:30 PM, steve9728 said:

Don't really want to say anything about that, but I do wish this company could keep an eye on one of the facilities with a long runway near JSLC for us: with any luck, we might see the "little space shuttle" land. Just no one knows when it back home though.

Xinhua: after 276 days of in-orbit operation, the reusable experimental spacecraft successfully returned to the landing site at JSLC