[0.16 PLUGIN] Hyperjump System: Jumps and Hyperspace Networks, v0.2

TheRoland

Just gave it a try. kept having the engine fall off my ship after a KSC to orbit jump. turning on debug stuff solved that. when I jump to duna with debug on i get a two step jump. once to orbit, then another to a higher orbit both kerbin. I'm wondering if turning on and off the debug (via code) is a way to get around alot of the problems?

I think its fair to say FTL is bending the rules anyway so a quick 'godmode on, godmode off' wouldnt hurt!

Edited by prefim

Just a quick note - I'm also looking into solutions (though I'm a bit behind you). Since you're already doing a bunch of investigation into translation, I'm going to spend some time looking at creation (creating the ship at the target coordinate). I'll keep you posted. =]

Just tested the 0.3 Version

It can jump without borken but the speed is not correct after jump.

Say I am V m/s before jump, after the first jump, it becomes 2V m/s, and after the second jump, it becomes 3V m/s... and so on.

Support and look forward to the update!

Yeah, umm, I used to use this mod to building Jumpgates (Between kerbin and Mun, Mun and Minnimus), and I tried to do this in 0.17- it just would not work right. Is it working yet?

Also- almighty creator of the mod- could you put a part in that allows people to change the minimum distance that a ship needs to be to jump from one endpoint to a different endpoint?

Like having a part that is the drive, and another that forms the reciver end.

Just a Question and Request here.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I tried 0.3 in 0.17 just for poops and giggles and like TheRoland said, it is very broken indeed, I've had a 100% BOOM rate trying to jump to Duna. Use with caution, and I hope you find the source of the problem, this addon is too damn awesome to fail.

I've been running some experiments and after a while I figured the reason behind the explosions: You're crashing into Kerbin (???)

The only "fix" I could think of was to put the endpoints in higher orbits, it works sometimes but the explosion rate is still pretty high.

I've found that I can pretty consistently get from a surface endpoint to an orbit of 140km around Kerbin, but any other planet or moon causes a massive explosion .... (Not that Jeb doesn't appreciate so many pretty lights)

I just did some more testing based on the above comments.

Put one jumpgate near the KSC. another in a 500Km orbit around kerbin. The 3rd in orbit around Duna. With the kerbin gate that high, I'm not seeing explosions on coming out of warp above kerbin. However once up next to the jumpgate, if I attempt to jump to Duna, it just puts me around kerbin again! so it looks like it might be two issues,

1) too close to the planet causes explosions

2) wont jump to another planet.

• 6 months later...
yeah its only been on the spaceport forever. http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/hyperjump-system/ be careful of the other imposter one from april this year.

already ran into him, posted a scathing comment. in either case, any progress on this mod? I saw this assembleable jump gate that I would love to combined this with

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/jump-gate-2/

that's easy enough to do. just change the part.cfg on the jumpgate and make it hyperendpoint done.

thats not what I mean, the end point will mount to anything you attach it to in the VAB, what I mean is, has there been progress to fix the broken nature of the system, when you tunnel from one end point to another, the endpoint and whatever you attack it to, say a probe, is sent off at NaRN speeds, and the planet your around disappears and borks your game, the destination for all intents and purposes is toast. I would like to see this fixed at the very least.

I would also like to see maybe some kind of game play with it, like maybe it needs power, or kethane, or element zero,etc for it to work. Something that challenges the construction effort to get it to work.

I would also like to see some kind of effects, Sounds, Lights, etc, something to give it that feeling that your actually going somewhere.

Development, I want to see some kind of development, because I want to use this thing SO bad.

-AE

• 3 weeks later...

I think i have found a really important bug:O When i tunneled to my mun space station, the space station changed orbit! :o It was crashing into them mun:( I had to delete the persistence :( But the good news is that I always back up my persistence :D To ALL rocket scientist, BACK UP you saves, it is a good habit :D