Horizon Aeronautics - Development Thread

stubbles

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just fyi. I stopped using this mod for a little while. Anyway I popped it in my gamedata file two days ago and the rocket still flys wonderfully. Even the smokescreen effects still work. Now I know this is still only a parts pack and its only one rocket but I have to say this is undeniably one of the best ever made. It still looks wonderful, it flys like a dream, its very well balanced, and again its just very well done. I can't say good enough things about it. The rocket is of quality rarely seen and it is a shame nothing else has come out of Horizon Aeronautics. Still I would rather have just this one amazing thing than nothing at all. Stubbles I hope you come back one day and blow us all away again, but until then I dont think I will ever be taking this rocket out of my gamedata folder again.

• 1 month later...

I use this Zenit a lot, it's a very nice and efficient launch system, and if nobody else is already on the case, I'll update the configurations and craft files and push out a release shortly after KSP v1.0 is available, as the changes in KSP will probably break it. Fortunately the license terms are stated in the download (CC BY-NC 4.0) so there's no problem with that.

It would be nice to have a suitably re-skinned version to launch from the Odyssey sea launch platform that's part of the Kerbin-Side mod, but I'll probably not get that done any time soon.

What would break ? is pretty much just a part mod ?

Well the only thing I can forsee is the fairings not actually functioning as fairings with the new aerodynamics. That being said someone pop it in game with far and see if it works. If the fairings function as fairings and not aesthetic coverings, then this mod really should stand the test of time pretty well.

So it would be like over half the stuff now that don't have far support lol and that is just a rough # or maybe smokescreen stop working but really what the a MM couldn't fix ? It's like alot of people just trying to take someone work and claim they did some magic.

EDIT- If he really wants to help he should try bobcats stuff and fix some of it that's broke not something that isn't.

Edited by Mecripp2

So it would be like over half the stuff now that don't have far support lol and that is just a rough # or maybe smokescreen stop working but really what the a MM couldn't fix ? It's like alot of people just trying to take someone work and claim they did some magic.

EDIT- If he really wants to help he should try bobcats stuff and fix some of it that's broke not something that isn't.

As long as due credit is given, the work is representative of the original project, and they have permission either from the OP or through license I have no problem with people fixing things. But all three of those criteria need to be met.

... try bobcats stuff and fix some of it that's broke ...

I mostly fix things for my own use, because releasing things publicly to a largely unappreciative and demanding user base is just not worth the trouble. I've fixed some of Bobcat's old stuff, which in particular interests you? Obviously if the Zenit is still good when 1.0 is released, I won't need to do anything with it. Fixing configurations isn't 'magic' but there's a lot of players who either can't or don't want to do the necessary text editing for themselves.

IMO if just the MM patch are release in the main thread for the mod, If the mod maker does come back he or she knows there still people that like his or her work and we would have a better chance of them making more stuff then someone starting a new thread with there stuff and editing there cfg to put there name in it like you did with Cargo Transportation Solutions mod part when you could have just made a MM and add your texture change with a MM patch file would been ok for you put your name on the MM if thats your thing.

I mostly fix things for my own use, because releasing things publicly to a largely unappreciative and demanding user base is just not worth the trouble. I've fixed some of Bobcat's old stuff, which in particular interests you? Obviously if the Zenit is still good when 1.0 is released, I won't need to do anything with it. Fixing configurations isn't 'magic' but there's a lot of players who either can't or don't want to do the necessary text editing for themselves.

I agree there are quite a few unappreciative and demanding people. I however am very appreciative of whatever gets fixed and updated. If I really had the time to learn config editing I would but I just dont have the time. I want to play KSP and enjoy my experience. Not spend half the time fixing stuff to get something to work, only to get frustrated when it doesn't work. When I sit down to play KSP I only have time to play ksp. So I am extremely appreciative when people get cool things to work that have been dead for a while.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Anyone out in community space wanna take on getting this one up and running again?  No one could possibly not like Stubbles job and mod pack here.  Its so well done, its a shame to see it just float away.

Edited by ArkaelDren

1 hour ago, ArkaelDren said:

Anyone out in community space wanna take on getting this one up and running again?  No one could possibly not like Stubbles job and mod pack here.  Its so well done, its a shame to see it just float away.

I'll start making a patch for 1.2 soon (if I can squeeze some time out of my busy schedule :))

I have a few old complete versions, if you need anything. Cripp and I have worked on it a few times.  Stubbs has returned a few messages, but hes usually pretty busy, has done work on projects like GTA5 and a few others I cant recall right now.  Super guy, great modeler. If anyone knows of a working version of some better looking struts, would like a link.  The KOSMOS ones were one of my favorites, but I cant get them to attach correctly for some reason. Hell I would love to finally get a message back from Bobcat, to get a few of his up again.  I still like his rovers, as well as his Buran.  But that hasn't flown correctly for quite a few versions.

Edited by ArkaelDren

6 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

2nd download link still works, but I see no license in OP. Download lists it as cc attribution non-commercial, so redistribution is allowed.

The license was in the download which pretty sure, It's also in the downloads i have posted

• 11 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.