Horizon Aeronautics - Development Thread

stubbles

Thanks for the kind words, all; glad to see there's still interest in the project.

I redid some details on the second stage motor. Tweaking a lot of the art right now, getting ready to texture some other components as well. Still don't have all of the parts operating correctly in game, with all the changes in the system it's been hard going. Soon :)

horizon17.jpg

@killer420 haha yeah, I'm just an env artist on the project though.

Edited by stubbles

Thanks for the kind words, all; glad to see there's still interest in the project.

I redid some details on the second stage motor. Tweaking a lot of the art right now, getting ready to texture some other components as well. Still don't have all of the parts operating correctly in game, with all the changes in the system it's been hard going. Soon :)

horizon17.jpg

@killer420 haha yeah, I'm just an env artist on the project though.

Its awesome!!!

Can i do a suggestion about the future?

How you think about Vostok 1 (Yuri Gagarin)...i tell this because so much spacecrafts here,but i believe missed the first manned project,and because you start with something Russian.

Anyway,keep it up my friend!

How you think about Vostok 1

Just looked it up..it's rad! Visually, it's extremely intricate and looks like it would be a blast to create. I think there are similar rockets out there, so I probably won't make the Soyuz rocket, but I'll definitely make the Vostok module & interior. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

Just looked it up..it's rad! Visually, it's extremely intricate and looks like it would be a blast to create. I think there are similar rockets out there, so I probably won't make the Soyuz rocket, but I'll definitely make the Vostok module & interior. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

Yes,you right,i speak only about module and interior,i am happy think about this module!

This link,maybe help a little.

Thanks!

http://gagarin3d.com/

Awesome, thanks so much for the link, Cerverus! :)

I made some tweaks and additions to the BlockDM engine component and Primary stage one engine (RD-171):

horizon18.jpghorizon19.jpg

Edited by stubbles

@Kommitz - thanks man :D I checked our your nuclear rocket dev thread and gotta say that's some sweet stuff as well.

I decided to redo some of the old modules like the ASAS and stage 1/2 decouplers, since they were sharing textures with the larger fairing texture. Since textures are exported per model, it was exporting a huge texture for a tiny mesh, even though it was only using a small part of the texture :(

Here's the redone normals/AO for the ASAS module and the normal texture itself, in case anyone wanted to see it:

horizon20.jpg

Are you planning to make anything after finishing the Zenit3-SL?

Yeah, probably a continuation of Russian space tech. The Vostok-1 capsule will likely be next. I don't know any programming, I'm just an artist, so I can't do any real fancy mod type stuff.

Starting to work a bit on the normal maps and textures for the RD-58M in the blockDM section.

horizon24.jpg

is it bad that I want to make love to this, looks straight sexy! One thought on the foil should it radiate inwards from the outer edges?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.