[1.3.1] CraftSaver - Automatically move craft files between saves

severedsolo

A small utility I wrote for myself, but maybe someone else will find it useful too.

Ever started a new game, and thought "Ah man, I wish I had saved that craft file from my old save, it would be perfect for this job"? Ever find yourself building the same craft over and over again when starting new careers?

CraftSaver may be the mod for you! This little utility will allow you to backup craft files from your current save, and then automatically import them into any other saves you use.

Instructions (images are spoilered as they are huge):

Spoiler

OHU3jL9.jpg

We start by clicking the icon on the Stock Toolbar which brings up the CraftSaver Menu

Spoiler

Pwj2uLJ.jpg

You can change the path the crafts are backed up to (in my case I want them on my OneDrive) - CraftSaver will remember your choice.

Spoiler

1iw4UA8.jpg

If you want CraftSaver to automatically update its backed up craft file when you make changes, tick the box (this must be ticked before you click "Save Craft")

Spoiler

We6VvSx.jpg

You must save the craft first through the KSP button - if you forget to do this CraftSaver will warn you.

Spoiler

Q1G5bQZ.jpg

Once your ready, click "Save Craft" and CraftSaver will move a copy of that craft file to the backup location you have specified.

Spoiler

VSsZn0K.png

Spoiler

VDfT15V.png

And if we start a new save, you will see that CraftSaver has automatically imported the craft files I backed up previously into this save, so I can use them.

Warnings/Errata:

CraftSaver doesn't care if you've unlocked the parts required to build that craft, it will just dump all of the backed up craft files into your Ships Directory. If you haven't unlocked the parts you'll get the "locked or invalid parts" message.

Licence: MIT

Download: Github

Edited by severedsolo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.