Mods with Steam?

The Man Myth and Legend

49 minutes ago, SamBelanger said:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData

Yea, it could be not be much more buried  if the tried. Fortunately for me, in Windows 10, it shows up as a Frequent Folder in File Explorer. But you can always put a shortcut on the desktop. Right click on the .GameData. folder, go down to Send To and in the next menu click on 'Desktop (create shortcut)'.

There is also a pretty useful mod manager which will download, install and update mods:

CKAN Mod manager

You might also want to make a backup of your game saves, its easy to add mods to existing saves, not so easy removing mods from existing saves

Edited by Dilli

10 hours ago, Jas0n said:

I recommend copying and pasting the entire KSP folder somewhere, so that your modded game doesn't get wrecked by steam updating KSP.

This. Since KSP doesn't tie in to the Steam Workshop, no mods will auto-update. I prefer to run from an isolated folder which, while it may not get updates, will at least always work when I want it to work :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.