• Wind Tunnel (Yes)
    • Wind Tunnel (No)
    • Airport [2] (Yes) see post
    • Airport [2] (No) see post
    • Taxes (Yes)
    • Taxes (No)

5 minutes ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

Maybe it housing for Kerbals in Training

That would still be the astronaut complex.

Honestly, I like the space centre how it is. Everything essential is there, and it’s not overcrowded, while still providing fun obstacles to fly and drive around/under/over.

Just now, MiffedStarfish said:

Honestly, I like the space centre how it is. Everything essential is there, and it’s not overcrowded, while still providing fun obstacles to fly and drive around/under/over.

Not enough under

1 minute ago, MiffedStarfish said:

It just feels dead and unrealistic. Their are no vehicles no stores even if their small it just feels unrealistic. The Engineers/Technetians Have no strcuture. How about a Scientist Complex or something like it, It could reduce rocket cost.

It has everything the Space Program Needs no what the Kerbals Need.

Just now, MiffedStarfish said:

There’s 2 bridges, the gap between the VAB landing pad and the roof, and you can get under some of the oil tanks in a really tiny craft. I’d say it’s fine.

Their isn't enough Kerbals and such their is only enough for the space program. It may seem dumb to develop it for no real benefit and I agree if none of my other ideas are implemented. But The KSC is lacking in Kerbal Support. As stated no housing, no central Road, no stores, no vehicles, no people, no nothing just you with buildings and decorative Kerbals. I call them decorative because they are their to just tutor you in the begining or as Kerbalnauts.

10 minutes ago, MiffedStarfish said:

There’s 2 bridges, the gap between the VAB landing pad and the roof, and you can get under some of the oil tanks in a really tiny craft. I’d say it’s fine.

I almost want a projects building where A.I. Could develop small craft. You could monitor their direction with a system similar to the Administration Building. Maby a testing building where you just see a engine get tested here and their. After maby 1 Kerbal Year it would give you the craft. 

Furthur in a complex sense what if it added real world craft like STS SLS Delta IV Etc to your stock list. Maby call them KTK KLK Kelta IV for the game I don't know nor care about the name this way. We get more stock ships and the KSC Looks better AND Finally we get a bit more decoration for KSC

Thoughts.

29 minutes ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

no housing

Astronaut complex

30 minutes ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

no central Road

Lots of roads around the KSC, for all we know there could be an underground path running under the KSC, surfacing in one of the buildings

32 minutes ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

no stores

There’s fuel tanks around the KSC, stores and parts in the SPH and VAB

33 minutes ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

no vehicles

In the SPH, some parked around the KSC

34 minutes ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

no people

In the SPH, VAB, astronaut complex, mission control, admin building, and probably research complex and tracking station

35 minutes ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

I almost want a projects building where A.I. Could develop small craft. You could monitor their direction with a system similar to the Administration Building. Maby a testing building where you just see a engine get tested here and their. After maby 1 Kerbal Year it would give you the craft. 

The whole fun of KSP is making the crafts yourself for me. Also, might be a pain to code, and worst case might end up like the old contract generator but with crafts. I.E. Random, nonsensical, dysfunctional ships.

1 hour ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

Furthur in a complex sense what if it added real world craft like STS SLS Delta IV Etc to your stock list. Maby call them KTK KLK Kelta IV for the game I don't know nor care about the name this way. We get more stock ships and the KSC Looks better AND Finally we get a bit more decoration for KSC

Thoughts.

59 minutes ago, MiffedStarfish said:

Astronaut complex

Lots of roads around the KSC, for all we know there could be an underground path running under the KSC, surfacing in one of the buildings

There’s fuel tanks around the KSC, stores and parts in the SPH and VAB

In the SPH, some parked around the KSC

In the SPH, VAB, astronaut complex, mission control, admin building, and probably research complex and tracking station

The whole fun of KSP is making the crafts yourself for me. Also, might be a pain to code, and worst case might end up like the old contract generator but with crafts. I.E. Random, nonsensical, dysfunctional ships.

I lead with my counter argument

I know their in the SPH and VAB but they are not moving when you launch a plane. It center is dead when your not in a building 

I didn't see any stores in the SPH Just Checked

Maby the craft fail... This is Kerbal Space Program is it not? Maby they develop scratched or tabled NASA or Soviet Designs. Like DynaSoar or what ever it was NOVA N1 Etc. 

5 minutes ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

I know their in the SPH and VAB but they are not moving when you launch a plane. It center is dead when your not in a building 

I know kerbals are a bit crazy, but if you were a Kerbal would you stand literally 10s of meters away from an orbital booster with all engines running?

More stock crafts are not neccessarily a good thing. The few we have now are fun, but it shouldn’t get to the point where every mission launched is atop a prebuilt craft. Otherwise what’s the point of the SPH and VAB

Edited by MiffedStarfish

Here is how development would work. 

Press Research (The Selected Vehicle)

Wait 1 Kerbal Year.

While it's being built Maby you see a fuel tank explode. The Engines tested on a stand. Etc nothing that affect gameplay just pure graphics Finally you see the Rocket Completed it is Test launched Maby blows up Maby it doesn't... Its randomized. The Game assigns a launch date if you wish to veiw it select veiw witch lets you WATCH not control the rocket. 

After a year Werhener Von Kerman Hand you blueprint for it in a five second cut scene. The Cutscenes played only when selected too so gameplay isn't interrupted then that Research Rocket is Added to the Stock List.

4 minutes ago, MiffedStarfish said:

I know kerbals are a bit crazy, but if you were a Kerbal would you stand literally 10s of meters away from an orbital booster with all engines running?

More stock crafts are not neccessarily a good thing. The few we have now are fun, but it shouldn’t get to the point where every mission launched is atop a prebuilt craft. Otherwise what’s the point of the SPH and VAB

No but a viewing stand which could give you repututation would be nice. And I'm not talking about the VAB. They would be R&D when launching from the SPH.

A veiwing stand if built could give you another camera angle too

I'm asking honestly what does SQUAD After Making History Honestly have to contribute to the game if the players are not given some control 

Don't tell me about mods :)

My point is, is that KSC Is NOT Interactive with craft once in flight. It's just there. Maby if you build stores it reduces part cost. Note These features I discuss are really for players in Sandbox and Those who have already finished unlocking the tech tree. After the Tech Tree is done it's pretty much a sandbox with currency and missions. 

I'm driving around KSC Right now in a stock Rover, the Kerbal Supporting One. My hometown in real life is more alive in a blizzard ok? A hurricane a Tornado Warning their is more that a Sunny Day with scattered clouds at KSC When im going for a stroll. Maby they don't  show if the craft has medium (Skipper) Sized engines or bigger. I'm no Developer but this could be implemented with simply saying in some form of code.

deactivate KSC Life Textures 2.5 or bigger part on craft

I feel like C-3P0 Saying "What a  desolate place this is"

Maby even Kerbals in the Windows in a shadow just moving back and forth ocassionally or a Contrcution Woker just going between buildings would be nice. At a Extreme Maby a 747 Style Plane Lands and shows them bringing parts. To the VAB or SPH on carts again that's Extreme and wouldn't expect tha but as examples.

Maby a lights turns on or. Little liter and a trash can with a "Snack" Bag next to it would be nice

I think I'm done ranting sorry lol

58 minutes ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

I'm driving around KSC Right now in a stock Rover, the Kerbal Supporting One. My hometown in real life is more alive in a blizzard ok? A hurricane a Tornado Warning their is more that a Sunny Day with scattered clouds at KSC When im going for a stroll. Maby they don't  show if the craft has medium (Skipper) Sized engines or bigger. I'm no Developer but this could be implemented with simply saying in some form of code.

deactivate KSC Life Textures 2.5 or bigger part on craft

I feel like C-3P0 Saying "What a  desolate place this is"

The problem with this is it adds nothing gameplay wise. It’s not a new feature or part, and you just have to look to the run-up to 1.3 to see how people react to new updates not adding new features.

2 minutes ago, MiffedStarfish said:

The problem with this is it adds nothing gameplay wise. It’s not a new feature or part, and you just have to look to the run-up to 1.3 to see how people react to new updates not adding new features.

Again this wouldn't take much to implement just a few routes for the vehicles and Kerbals that are activated if they reach certain perameters. This shouldn't take more than a few weeks to implement. Can a Dev tell me how long it would take to implement approximately im curious

It adds a new building the viewing stand

Just now, Cheif Operations Director said:

Again this wouldn't take much to implement just a few routes for the vehicles and Kerbals that are activated if they reach certain perameters. This shouldn't take more than a few weeks to implement. Can a Dev tell me how long it would take to implement approximately im curious

After seeing the reaction to 1.3, I don’t know if squad would want to waste a few weeks implementing something non gameplay related. 

Also, it would increase lag having more static buildings, especially moving ones. You could make it optional, but then those who turn it off will have got nothing out of the development time.

1 hour ago, MiffedStarfish said:

After seeing the reaction to 1.3, I don’t know if squad would want to waste a few weeks implementing something non gameplay related. 

Also, it would increase lag having more static buildings, especially moving ones. You could make it optional, but then those who turn it off will have got nothing out of the development time.

Yes I agree a togle switch is nice but 2 weeks isn't a big deal. 

I mean Console has been waiting since mid 2016 Ish for 1.2.2. I would gladly wait for something like that to be implemented if It meant I got 1.2.2 Slower

8 hours ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

Yes I agree a togle switch is nice but 2 weeks isn't a big deal. 

I mean Console has been waiting since mid 2016 Ish for 1.2.2. I would gladly wait for something like that to be implemented if It meant I got 1.2.2 Slower

From looking at these threads, it seems whenever people make a prediction for time to code, it’s shot down. The only people who can know how long it would take to implemented. Also, console is now in review and certification phase, I doubt they can stop, spend an indefinite amount of time coding in a feature, then keep testing and continue certification again, in the maximum 5 weeks to release. 

Just now, Earthlinger said:

@MiffedStarfish@Cheif Operations Director

This thread is degenerating into you two spamming contradictions at each other

:wink:

Hey! I prefer the term “agresssive negotiations.” :D

However yes, it is just pretty much me replying to the OP. I’ve said pretty much everything I wanted to say though, so I might stop posting.

wonder if you could almost run a bit like the theme park games with the space centre - you have "x" funds to start with, pick a location - it has a limited amount of space - you then buy the start buildings you want (or all in sandbox modes) - maybe you can pick a good location, but not be able to afford to put much there, or accept a worse location for more funds left etc.

On 12/30/2017 at 12:32 PM, Leopard said:

wonder if you could almost run a bit like the theme park games with the space centre - you have "x" funds to start with, pick a location - it has a limited amount of space - you then buy the start buildings you want (or all in sandbox modes) - maybe you can pick a good location, but not be able to afford to put much there, or accept a worse location for more funds left etc.

I'm confused... what? So like build Space related things at the KSC to grow it?

23 hours ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

I'm confused... what? So like build Space related things at the KSC to grow it?

sort of, more a land management/resources thing.

think you start with "x" funds, there are maybe three or four locations you could pick to start at - the current starting KSC, a larger site perhaps but one where maybe you won't have the SPH and runway to start with due to lack of funds, one where maybe you can start with the VAB upgraded and the pad likewise to the second level but don't have space for SPH/Runway.

Also the option to start with a more restricted site but more actual funds initially.

Then add various upgrade things that can do "things", e.g. extra R&D capabilities maybe (allowing improvements in engine efficiency or weight reductions maybe), or elongate the runway and add approach lights.

thinking of things you could bring in

- "simulator training complex", providing some sandbox capability within the career game

- "R&D" as noted above

- "Rover test track/arena"

- extra comms ground station

- purchase a second site, e.g. to use as a space plane recovery site

On 1/2/2018 at 5:30 PM, Leopard said:

sort of, more a land management/resources thing.

think you start with "x" funds, there are maybe three or four locations you could pick to start at - the current starting KSC, a larger site perhaps but one where maybe you won't have the SPH and runway to start with due to lack of funds, one where maybe you can start with the VAB upgraded and the pad likewise to the second level but don't have space for SPH/Runway.

Also the option to start with a more restricted site but more actual funds initially.

Then add various upgrade things that can do "things", e.g. extra R&D capabilities maybe (allowing improvements in engine efficiency or weight reductions maybe), or elongate the runway and add approach lights.

thinking of things you could bring in

- "simulator training complex", providing some sandbox capability within the career game

- "R&D" as noted above

- "Rover test track/arena"

- extra comms ground station

- purchase a second site, e.g. to use as a space plane recovery site

I like it most of it is covered in my suggestion

2 hours ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

Agreed. I just want more to do ON KERBIN.

Agree on this, would be nice to have more to do elsewhere as well, like say after you've done something then "others" follow - so say a resupply contract to a third party space station.

But a bit more actually on Kerbin would be good, developing things at other locations and the ability to actually build up and customise the layout at KSC would be nice - e.g. say a second runway at 90 degrees to the first if desired.

On that note would also like an option with spaceplanes to "taxi" to and from the runway to the hangers

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.