can't find m700 survey scanner

I have DMagicOrbitalScience, and no, it doesn't disable the M700 scanner.  I can't imagine why anyone would disable a part just because their mod includes a similar one.

I can't tell you how many times I've been up and down the parts box looking for something, and have it take me 4-5 times to find it.  Note that it cannot be the root part, so if you're looking without any other pieces placed, it will be darkened and probably harder to notice.

You could also try the different filtering options to see if it pops out at you.  If it is actually missing - I don't think it would have been on purpose.

screenshot311.png

2 hours ago, Geonovast said:

I have DMagicOrbitalScience, and no, it doesn't disable the M700 scanner.  I can't imagine why anyone would disable a part just because their mod includes a similar one.

I can't tell you how many times I've been up and down the parts box looking for something, and have it take me 4-5 times to find it.  Note that it cannot be the root part, so if you're looking without any other pieces placed, it will be darkened and probably harder to notice.

You could also try the different filtering options to see if it pops out at you.  If it is actually missing - I don't think it would have been on purpose.

screenshot311.png

used janitor closet to look only for squad and no it's not there!

After you've verified that you do, in fact, still have the original files in the Squad folder, you might have to do a search that searches the actual contents of the files in your GameData folder for "name = SurveyScanner" and see if there's a MM .cfg file that's killing it.

Any chance it was removed with Janitor's closet on accident?  Have you tried the game with removing Janitor's Closet?

well, first of all, i don't know how to search the content of text files inside sub folders in windows shame on me :D

but regarding janitor, i am sure it was not because i was disabling only engines and some pods and nothing more until i got to the science tab and saw that the survey scanner is not there, i was going to add the modules from orbital scanner and few others on that part and remove the rest but i saw the only part i wanted to keep is not actually there at all lol

9 minutes ago, Jiraiyah said:

well, first of all, i don't know how to search the content of text files inside sub folders in windows shame on me :D

but regarding janitor, i am sure it was not because i was disabling only engines and some pods and nothing more until i got to the science tab and saw that the survey scanner is not there, i was going to add the modules from orbital scanner and few others on that part and remove the rest but i saw the only part i wanted to keep is not actually there at all lol

Honestly I'm not sure how to do it in Windows either.

I would still copy your GameData folder as a backup, then remove Janitor's Closet, and boot into the game.  Just to see if it's there.  If it's not, you'll probably want to start the halving method.  Remove half your mods, see if it comes back.  Keep track of which one's you're removing.  When it comes back, start adding that group back one by one until it disappears again.

15 minutes ago, dangerhamster said:

I don't know if this actually removes the part but check if you have "disable stock scanning" on for SCANsat.

no it's not active. honestly i am surprised, never saw such thing at least for this single part

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.