[1.8.x, 1.9.x, 1.10.x, 1.11.x, 1.12.x] AnyRes Continued - Change your screen resolution on the fly

linuxgurugamer

On 3/4/2024 at 6:58 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 2.0.6

• Fixed performance issue when window was left open

@smackthepony

That fixed the stuttering for me completely! Thanks :)

However something weird has started happening...switching application focus is causing KSP to change its resolution immediately, something that hadn't happened to me prior to the latest AnyRes update. It's happening regardless of fullscreen or windowed mode, or whether the AnyRes window is open. For example, I had it set to 1280x1400 windowed to splitscreen with Chrome, and clicking on chrome caused KSP to switch to my 1080p fullscreen preset while visible in the background. No log message appears for this resolution switch. I deleted and reconfigured all my presets, and it continued reverting but to a different resolution preset; it seems like it is automatically reverting to the bottom-most resolution in the presets list? But I'm not sure.

I'm also experiencing an issue where alt+tabbing will not work while in fullscreen: pressing alt-tab brings up the Windows app switcher interface for a fraction of a second and then it disappears, keeping KSP on top. This isn't as much of an issue since I can work around it by Start menu-ing out of KSP though.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, smackthepony said:

That fixed the stuttering for me completely! Thanks :)

However something weird has started happening...switching application focus is causing KSP to change its resolution immediately, something that hadn't happened to me prior to the latest AnyRes update. It's happening regardless of fullscreen or windowed mode, or whether the AnyRes window is open. For example, I had it set to 1280x1400 windowed to splitscreen with Chrome, and clicking on chrome caused KSP to switch to my 1080p fullscreen preset while visible in the background. No log message appears for this resolution switch. I deleted and reconfigured all my presets, and it continued reverting but to a different resolution preset; it seems like it is automatically reverting to the bottom-most resolution in the presets list? But I'm not sure.

I'm also experiencing an issue where alt+tabbing will not work while in fullscreen: pressing alt-tab brings up the Windows app switcher interface for a fraction of a second and then it disappears, keeping KSP on top. This isn't as much of an issue since I can work around it by Start menu-ing out of KSP though.

Hmm.  All I changed was the way it got the data to display.

Note:  I just saw it happen to me, I'll work on it tonite

Edit 2:  I found the problem, new release soon (with explanation)

Edited by linuxgurugamer

New release, 2.0.9.1

• Fixed error induced by previous fix, where the screen was being reset upon reentering after changing screen, due to a variable not being set properly.

When the previous performance issue was fixed, there was a lot of code changes.  One variable was not being set properly, which caused the screen to be resized when changing focus from/to it (ie:  alt-tab, etc).