The Challenge of KSP

MaxwellsDemon

Glad it's not just me, I've started loads of careers and several of them never made it beyond Minmus :D

Mind you I tend to wait until my "essential" list of mods (KER, RemoteTech, ScanSat) get updated before starting a new game so I reckon I've got a few more weeks.

Edited by RizzoTheRat

15 minutes ago, MaxwellsDemon said:

next version comes out when you'll inevitably want to restart your campaign.

To be honest, I never had that feeling.

I kept one of my careers through three major updates and ended it only because I was bored of it after solid two years. REAL LIFE years.

The last time I retired a career save, was when 1.1 came out. Asteroid Day was still separate at the time, which was taking out my Sentinels. This wasn't as serious by itself -but there were also problems with HullCamVDS, which meant I couldn't play with it on. Removing it, would take out my ATVs, which were equipped with Kazzelblad 500s at the time. I tried removing the part from the cars via save editing, but it didn't work. With my patience waning and 1.1's x64 executable beckoning, I started over. Even then, I didn't do anything substantial in a career save, until 1.2.2.

I'm not falling for this again.

Edited by Atkara

It's just that I know I'm going to want to play with the new 'historical' parts.   :cool:

I predict I will try to keep my current campaign going, right up till the mods reach a critical mass of updatedness (as per @RizzoTheRat), and then I will restart once again.   (To be fair, I do enjoy the early game where you have to compensate for not having much to work with yet, so it's not wholly a loss...)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.