Stock Game not very fun without Delta-V & TWR readout

Kobymaru

45 minutes ago, Cpt Kerbalkrunch said:

So when's your mod comin' out? :)

That's probably been one of the better suggestions on here.  Squad is known for implementing 'duh' additions to the game that were mods first.  Removal of the launch tower in the Alphas, EVA chutes, etc.  If someone were to write this, and show it can work, Squad might be inclined to include this in a later release, as it still encourages doing the math. 

I think career gameplay inside the Kerbin system should remain the same.  I like that it's a bit of a struggle to get to the Mun the first time.  If you're new you get your failed rocket launch fun and if you're a veteran you get the challenge of designing rockets without aids when absolute precision really isn't needed.

I also think that Delta-V stats are absolutely necessary when you start trying to go outside Kerbin's sphere of influence.  You can do it without, but most players will either give up or need to seek outside help.

My opinion, add the following aids behind science nodes/KSC buildings/kerbal levels/etc:

Delta-V
Thrust/weight ratios
Transfer window planner
Alarm clock

13 hours ago, CSieg said:

I like that it's a bit of a struggle to get to the Mun the first time.    If you're new you get your failed rocket launch fun

That presumes you find failed rockets to be fun.  I don't, I suspect many others don't either.  What you find fun isn't necessarily what other people find fun.   Stop presuming to speak for anyone who isn't you.  Stop trying to force your preferred playstyle on others. 

5 hours ago, DerekL1963 said:

What you find fun isn't necessarily what other people find fun.   Stop presuming to speak for anyone who isn't you.  Stop trying to force your preferred playstyle on others. 

This argument has been made about 5 times, by each side.

I think it's time to put this thread to rest, everything that there is to say has been said, SQUAD did the SQUAD thing and said nothing, as usual. See you guys in the next "pls implement dV readout" thread!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.