Phobos and Deimos: Prologue

HeronRocketry

Meet The Crew

Welcome to the saga of Phobos and Deimos. It's time to meet the crew!

Phobos Kerman:
Brave but Reckless, Phobos finds himself at home in danger. He has played instrumental roles in the building of Apogee Station on Munmus.

Deimos Kerman:

This scaredy cat goes on missions when she has to, but prefers staying at home planning missions and acting as a mission control for her twin brother, Phobos's missions.

Alder Kerman:

Alder is Phobos's sensible best friend and the one that prevents Phobos from hitting Z when you have to move 5 meters.

Charrick Kerman:

Charrick is the smartest Kerbal aboard, but is often the one that gets left behind. Seriously, he got stranded on the mun once.

In this saga the four original kerbals will also be used, but these are the primary characters. 

The tale of Phobos and Deimos is far, far from over.

(I hope you don't mind that I used your ending, @Just Jim)

Prologue: Theta's Mystery

When Jeb and Bill returned from Minmus, it was a time of celebration. This landing was the midpoint of the Minmus program, and they got vital information about ore concentration.

The KSC celebrated that day! In fact, Gene organized a welcome back party inside the Astronaut Complex. All staff and astronauts would attend.

"Testing, testing?" Is this thing on?" Gene's voice echoes through the room.

"It's on!" Val yells from the back of the room. She seems impatient to start the ceremony

"Okay, then let's start. Today is an important day in Kerbal History. Jeb and Bill have retrieved us the most valuable scientific data to date. We have now been to the Mun, Minmus, and we hope to go beyond. To Duna, to Jool, to the stars! Let's have it for Jebediah and Bill!" The whole room stands and applauds the revolutionary kerbonauts.

Meanwhile, at the tracking station:

"Sir, we have a situation." One of the tracking station agents says.

"What is it?" Fallon Kerman, the head of communications comes over.

"There is an unknown signal coming from a southern crater on the Mun."

"What? Which crater?" Fallon asks.

"The one where Mun-Theta landed." 

"Oh." Mun-Theta was the worst failure in the history of the space station. All communication was lost once it landed and the three Kerbals on the mission were never heard from again. Rovers had attempted to enter the crater to retrieve the crew, but all communication went dead and control was lost when anything entered the crater. Kerbals entering reported being on the edge of losing consciousness. 

"Why would we get a signal from that crater?" The agent asks.

'"It might be..." Fallon pauses. "You! Get over here!" He points at a messenger in the Tracking Station.

"What is it?" The kerbal waddles over.

"Get to the celebration. Get the word out that Theta is transmitting!" At this, the messenger shows a look of extreme surprise and dashes off toward the door.

Back at the celebration:

"Ah. Nothing hits the spot like a good party." Phobos is lounging back, ignoring Gene's speech.

"That's one thing I can't disagree with." Alder is sitting next to him, listening to Gene. He perks up at the sight of a messenger on stage talking to Deimos. "Hey, Phobos. Look." Phobos sits up. He sees Deimos on stage, whispering into Gene's ear. Gene seems to be in shock.

"Attention! Attention! We have an urgent message!" Gene yells. "Mun-Theta is transmitting again!" You could hear a pin drop in the silence that ensued.

"Alder, come on." Phobos leaps up and starts running after a few seconds. 

"Where are you going?" Alder follows.

"I'll tell you at the launchpad." Phobos and Alder slip into a cart and drive off toward the Launchpad. As they drive, they see practically all of the staff heading toward the tracking station.

"It must be serious." Alder comments.

"It is. Theta was our worst mission. I had a friend on that ship." Phobos says without taking his eyes off the road.

"Oh. I'm sorry to hear that."

"Time to get out." Phobos jumps out and walks toward a Kerbal near the launchpad. Alder follows.

"Oh. Phobos. What are you doing here?" The kerbal asks.

"Charrick, I need a ship."

"Why? Are you going to Theta?"

"Yep. I don't know what happened, but I know that I want to be the first to find out."

"I'm afraid I won't help you. It's too dangerous." Charrick replies warily. Alder stands there uncomfortably.

"Fine." Phobos takes off. Alder stands with Charrick for a few more seconds then runs and catches up to Phobos.

"What are you going to do now?" Alder asks.

Phobos has a mischevious smile spread across his face. "I'm gonna steal a ship."

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.