Yes, i know i spelled "Brutus" wrong

As everyone knows, making history has some huge, new parts. and I've been playing around with them, the end result was a rocket that crashed my game... three times (not really). unfortunately, I'm no expert in huge rockets, and there are a stupid amount of wrinkles that have to be ironed out. if you have a strong computer and like a challenge, be my guest.

PS: no, seriously, this thing kills frames

https://kerbalx.com/Victor/The-Brutuse

Sorry, forgot

k1hKovS.jpg

IwFws5I.jpg

Edited by Victor12

You need screenshots or the common practice around here is to simply ignore the post and not download the craft. People just refuse to take a look unless you show them what they're getting first.
That sounded kind of blunt, but I don't mean to sound harsh, I'm just saying that you won't get many likes / downloads / comments, etc unless you add a screenshot of your rocket.

To do so follow the instructions below:
-Hit F1 when ingame to take a screenshot of the game (hit F2 before hand to turn off the heads up display for a cleaner screenshot)
-Go to https://imgur.com/ and upload a photo (you don't need an account for this but its nice to keep all of them under a profile if you upload a lot)
-Go to the photo in imgur, right click and open in new tab.
-Copy the URL
-Paste the URL like so:
"https://i.imgur.com/f4tpHc4.png" <--- That link goes to a screenshot of mine, sorry for linking it but I wanted to show you what the link looks like

It should pop up as a screenshot in the editor menu before you even save, rather than a link. If you want it to be a link simply go to the bottom of the photo and hit the "display as link instead" button.

Didn't have too much trouble with it.  Stayed about 9 -15 fps in atmo and up to 30 up in orbit with 163 parts left.

Staging needs to be adjusted, the first set on the upper stack runs out before the center on the lower stack, so staging just separates the still burning lower center, which collides into the rest of it.

Seems quite a bit overkill, though, especially since there's no payload.

Also, why don't the radial engines fire on the center upper part until the last stage?  By the time you use them, they're pretty pointless, and until then, they're just dead weight.

I think asparagus will be fine, just needs some tweaking.

Although since there was no payload, there was a lot of dV left over.  I burned retrograde to de-orbit it, but I just left them running.  About 25km into the atmosphere, it started to gain altitude, and ended up in a 220km x 80km retrograde orbit with enough dV to go to Minmus and back if I wanted.... and that was all with dumping the last stage early.

Fix the staging order, ditch the radial engines on the last stage, and it could be good for you.

Although, since it's melting your computer as is, I'm not sure how you're planning on doing it with a large, complex payload...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.