M-Industries

quadro7f

Are you interested in this project?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in this project?

• Hell yeah!
    • No

Ok, i added some additional expansions to the list. Most of them related to USTS.

Also i wanna try to make cargobay doors using Kreuzung's electrical plugin. The idea is what you could just right click on doors and then press on contex-menu button to perform open or close action.

And it is possible to use it for APU (power units) to rechange on board batteries. The APU's will be in rear section of the shuttle (under the tail).

During space flight, solar panels will be on inner side of cargobay doors (wich must be open and faced to sun during all flight, like in real shuttle). They provide energy for shuttle systems, but, unlike APU's, they are not consume fuel, during process.

Thats the plan, so far =)

Really awesome concept, hopefully you'll continue to work on it soon. I'll support you as far as I can on this project.

Thanks, mate. Your help will be priceless =)

Btw, can i ask something - is it possible to set audio event during animation process? I want to add some electric engine sound noises while opening and closing cargo doors, and maybe for landing gears as well.

Edited by quadro7f

We have new scale corporation standart system. This scale standart will be the same for all spacecrafts, modules and vehiles from Mansur Industries, so all parts from different projects could fit each other perfectly.

Here is how it looks:

USTS_SCALE_1.jpg

As everybody knows - kerbals are 1m height, and average male human is 1.8m height. To get rescale coefficient, we must calculate like this: C=(100x100)/180=55,55%. This means, what if we need to make real world vessel, lets say Apollo (3.9m) and scale it down to kerbals world scale with same kerbals proportions to space craft as human relative in real world, then we will get: 3.9m*55,55% = 2.16m

And if its right, then we will get a scale coefficient table for different human heights:

1.8m = 55,55%

1.75m = 57,14%

1.7m = 58,82%

1.65m = 60,60%

1.6m = 62,5%

1,55m = 64,51% <--- this one matches with Mk1-2 Command Pod: 2.5m ( 3.9m*64,51%=2.51m - very close) and with Command Pod Mk1: 1.25m (1.9m*64,51%=1.22m - pretty close)

So, vanilla parts are pretty close to 64%. Of course, 1.55m is pretty small for humans, but kerbals are not humans - they have different body proportions (for example - the size of head), so its sounds reasonable to use that coefficient. Plus this means what parts gonna be a little bigger (which is good in many ways).

And since KSP uses 125% standart scale, so we need recalculate convertion as well. Lets say, we have real world scale model in meters, for example - Shuttle (38 meters long). So if we gonna set 0.64 scale factor to it - we will get wrong result:

USTS_SCALE_Plueprint.jpg

As you may see in picture above - the kerbanaut on the right side is much smaller, than he should be compare to 3 guys on the left side - the correct ones. This means what we must make following cals:

125% = 100%

100% = 80%

so

80% = 100 %

51,2% = 64%

So we have 0.51 scale factor for our models conversion. And here is result:

Screenshot_413.jpg

Perfect hit :cool:

p.s. If i made mistake somewhere, please tell me.

Edited by quadro7f

Don't get the part about rescaling... If it just means that you took the rescaling into your calculations for model sizes, you should rather put rescaleFactor = 1 in your part.cfg so that you can work with ingame metres in your modeling program.

I'll add sound, already tried it yesterday but didn't do it the right way.

Don't get the part about rescaling... If it just means that you took the rescaling into your calculations for model sizes, you should rather put rescaleFactor = 1 in your part.cfg so that you can work with ingame metres in your modeling program.

I'll add sound, already tried it yesterday but didn't do it the right way.

Nice! Sounds are very important - they adds so much immersion. BTW i have crazy idea - i gonna try to animate the hatch.

And about the scale. I making all models in 3dmax, based on real blueprints and dimensions. And, I just showed a convertion scale system standart. Main goal is to make USTS shuttle the same proportions and size for kerbanaut, as real shuttle for humans in real world. And this works not only for shuttle but for any real vehicle, like Ares, Saturn, Orion, Buran, Soyuz and others futuristic - Valkyria, Venture Star, X-71, Rt01. For any vessel or vehicle from human world =)

The scaling procedures, i shown in previous post, will allow you to get this result with 98% precision. And it will be by default without any rescaling parameter needed in cfg file.

And this is very important, because of interior's proper size and other depended parts, like ISS modules (they must fit perfectly in cargobay). And mass, fuel, and other parameters depends on this too.

In fact - all depends on this, this is primary parameter ^_^

But most important is, what size of the spacecraft must be perfect in many ways (not too small, or big, or whatever), so this standart does, i believe.

Edited by quadro7f

Can you make so that the shuttle parts don't wobble otherwise it would look kinda of silly because its technically one solid ship?

Yeah, i made some fuselage stress tests already - everything is fine. Parts acts like one structure, without wobble or something. But of course, if you hit the ground hard - they will just detach and explode, hehe.

Yeah, i made some fuselage stress tests already - everything is fine. Parts acts like one structure, without wobble or something. But of course, if you hit the ground hard - they will just detach and explode, hehe.

haha yeah thats cool. I also wanted to know if say you accidentally bump into something in space and you lose pieces without them exploding everything, then you would have crippled or damaged ship ( this certainly would be a big deal once re-entry heat is added) instead of just blowing up. That way your could launch a rescue mission, you know? Is that how you plan on making the parts work?

haha yeah thats cool. I also wanted to know if say you accidentally bump into something in space and you lose pieces without them exploding everything, then you would have crippled or damaged ship ( this certainly would be a big deal once re-entry heat is added) instead of just blowing up. That way your could launch a rescue mission, you know? Is that how you plan on making the parts work?

Sure, if you hit something on medium speed - then parts could just rip off without exploding (especially parts like wings, tail, cargobay doors and other fuselage ones, which doesn't contains any fuel). So you could launch as much rescue missions as you need, especially with passenger cabin part (instead of cargobay section), i planning to add.

P. S. I am back to work on shuttle, but with 30-50% efficiency, because i have to work on other mods for other games at the same time.

P.S.S. Hatch's opening and closing animations successfully tested in game. Same principle gonna be used for cargohold doors and other cool stuff. Thanks Kreuzung for awesome plugin =)

Here is work in progress on hatch's detalization:

Screenshot_416.jpg

Edited by quadro7f

Keep stalking this post every day to see what's you are working on and it's looking really good ! Continue with your amazing work! I really really really can't wait to play with your mod ;)

Thanx for support =)

quadro7f

What size texture used in every detail?

The whole cabin part and hatch uses 1 texture (2048x2048). The other, smaller parts, uses 1024x1024 textures. But of course i gonna release several packs, like 2048, 1024, 512 packs for all details, so people could tweak their performance/quality. And i making all models very low-poly, so performance shouldn't be issue even with full HD textures.

There also bump and specular maps for every part (not in use yet).

UPD:

Screenshot_428.jpg

Screenshot_443.jpg

Screenshot_545.jpg

Screenshot_623.jpg

Edited by quadro7f
Some update of old screens

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.