Planets gravity?

I want to go to EVE but  before going to anywhere i see what i'll need to get to it and get out of it, i know that eve gravity is bigger because of its size (probably) but i want to know the gravity of it compared to kerbin.

Eve's gravity is 70% stronger than kerbin (1.701g). The greatest problem isn't just gravity however, it's the drag. Eve's atmosphere is very thick, creating massive drag that'll slow your craft a lot compared to kerbin and killing your engine's efficiency (however, this means parachutes works more effectively in Eve atmosphere, so you can use less number of parachutes to slow your descent). Jet engines does not work on Eve, and the engines that are good for Eve mission is Aerospike engine (efficiency is unaffected by atmospheric pressure), vector and mammoth (using their raw power to overcome it)

I suggest you land on Eve's highest point, where atmospheric pressure is lower so you can get out easier. Landing on the Eve oceans means doing the return trip at sea level, which is quite difficult

Edited by ARS

12 minutes ago, ARS said:

Eve's gravity is 70% stronger than kerbin (1.701g). The greatest problem isn't just gravity however, it's the drag. Eve's atmosphere is very thick, creating massive drag that'll slow your craft a lot compared to kerbin and killing your engine's efficiency (however, this means parachutes works more effectively in Eve atmosphere, so you can use less number of parachutes to slow your descent). Jet engines does not work on Eve, and the engines that are good for Eve mission is Aerospike engine (efficiency is unaffected by atmospheric pressure), vector and mammoth (using their raw power to overcome it)

I suggest you land on Eve's highest point, where atmospheric pressure is lower so you can get out easier. Landing on the Eve oceans means doing the return trip at sea level, which is quite difficult

jesus 70%? i already knowed about the thicc atmoshperic pressure but with that many gravity it gets worst

1 hour ago, Hunony said:

jesus 70%? i already knowed about the thicc atmoshperic pressure but with that many gravity it gets worst

Depends on how you see it. I personally think Tylo is much harder than Eve. Tylo's gravity is roughly similar to Kerbin, but it has no atmosphere, so you cannot use parachute and must use engine to slow down for landing, and use it again to escape, making a trip very tricky, especially during landing with engines, where if you burn too early, you waste a lot of fuel, while burning too late leads to a crash. On Eve, your craft can be 100% fully loaded with fuel since landing can be done with parachutes

That's for me though, you might have different view about them

Some tips for Eve:

-your priority during ascent is to get out of the atmosphere ASAP, since it'll reduce drag and increases your engine efficiency

-if you don't mind some docking, leave the return vehicle in orbit (with enough fuel to get back to kerbin), then use the ship to land, do some stuff and get back to orbit to rendezvous with return vehicle to get your kerbals back to kerbin. This way, your ascent vehicle can devote 100% of their power to ascent and make orbit without having to carry the return vehicle itself

-about the return vehicle, if you don't mind long burn time, you can make a return vehicle with ion engine. It'll make your burn time considerably longer (I suggest doing gravity assist to save time) and needs a lot of power (don't bother with solar panels, just one or two should suffice, but pack a lot of batteries to maintain the electric charge. If it's empty, just wait for it to recharge. Eve is closer to kerbol than kerbin, so solar panel energy generation is higher) but it's very fuel efficient in vacuum. One largest xenon tank should suffice to make it back home if you can manage your burn effectively, not to mention making the craft lighter and use less partcount

Edited by ARS

16 minutes ago, ARS said:

Depends on how you see it. I personally think Tylo is much harder than Eve. Tylo's gravity is roughly similar to Kerbin, but it has no atmosphere, so you cannot use parachute and must use engine to slow down for landing, and use it again to escape, making a trip very tricky, especially during landing with engines, where if you burn too early, you waste a lot of fuel, while burning too late leads to a crash. On Eve, your craft can be 100% fully loaded with fuel since landing can be done with parachutes

That's for me though, you might have different view about them

Some tips for Eve:

-your priority during ascent is to get out of the atmosphere ASAP, since it'll reduce drag and increases your engine efficiency

-if you don't mind some docking, leave the return vehicle in orbit (with enough fuel to get back to kerbin), then use the ship to land, do some stuff and get back to orbit to rendezvous with return vehicle to get your kerbals back to kerbin. This way, your ascent vehicle can devote 100% of their power to ascent and make orbit without having to carry the return vehicle itself

-about the return vehicle, if you don't mind long burn time, you can make a return vehicle with ion engine. It'll make your burn time considerably longer (I suggest doing gravity assist to save time) and needs a lot of power (don't bother with solar panels, just one or two should suffice, but pack a lot of batteries to maintain the electric charge. If it's empty, just wait for it to recharge. Eve is closer to kerbol than kerbin, so solar panel energy generation is higher) but it's very fuel efficient in vacuum. One largest xenon tank should suffice to make it back home if you can manage your burn effectively, not to mention making the craft lighter and use less partcount

yeah for eve i was planning to do apollo style to return or just use massive rocket i did to get do minmus, then saw it could go to duna. the second stage of that rocket had around 5600 thrust, in duna i got to vacuum in seconds that was the most powerful rocket i ever buildt

Moving to Gameplay Questions, since this is about KSP and not real-life science.

Incidentally, @Hunony, it's worth noting that KSP has a fairly comprehensive wiki that documents a lot of this stuff-- any time you want to know anything about any of the stock planets and moons, for example, it's got good links right there on the front page.

https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Main_Page

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.