Anger the Kraken

In an attempt to befriend the beast, I made a lanky robotic octopus and fired it into deep space. Turs out, large spindly ships tend to make the Kraken very very angry. Just outside of kerbin orbit the Kraken grabbed it and started spinning it around wildly until it exploded.

Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to build a ship which angers the kraken as much as possible.

you ship must spontaneously explode due to kraken effects at the lowest possible velocity.

you must be outside the atmosphere, to rule out drag as the cause of failure (success?)

please include a pic of your craft in orbit :D

I'll enter my ship when I get home to my other computer.

Edited by nhnifong

I landed a Kethane rig on the Mun, mined converted etc., flew to another ship at an arch to refuel it so it could return to Kerbin. While Bob was on EVA (he said something about draining a hose) the ship sprang into the air like startled gazelle...

ee6ea72501eda203aa5a125394412e43916e2b8d8217ed66447b186af79477014g.jpg

and proceeded to roll end over end down the hill, leaving a trail of debris...

02597639fa2a1d511e58c6d2ee99de09dc7f0f780d299d15483d3ed71a9992514g.jpg

Despite a valiant attempt by Jeb to wrest control of the stricken (and possibly possessed) vessel, the Krakens grip was too strong...

e929e808573eb9edf1b683387103436cacd32ac451c73dab255cff44d5d3e6904g.jpg

Fortunately, all the crew survived and picked themselves up to scavenge what they need to survive until rescue arrives...

ad629d4b1615f1d2d78fc27f543cd5a8980122dcd9bfe8d5d1e941921250e8f14g.jpg

Oh, and for the record that was at 0m/s and wasnt even the active flight at the time. Perhaps the Kraken feeds on kethane and upon seeing the rig thought "Ooo, just how I like it! Crunchy on the outside, with a chewy centre"

Edited by Binky
damn spoiler tags...

Well, I accidentally made a house.

ZTZU

ZU9y

As it turns out, flying it is a little difficult.

I had to use Mechjeb's SURF and 50% throttle to get into the upper atmosphere, but from there on it was relatively simple. I decided to shoot for the Mun, and had actually gotten within a few hundred kilometers at around 2500m/s when the entire craft started jittering. Sadly, puush failed to take my screenshots - I probably hit the wrong key combo in panic. Anyway, the entire thing peeled right in half, but seeming as I have no post-kraken screenshots, I don't know whether this will count.

Edit: I actually flew the craft twice with the same results - but for the test flight I had Debug enabled, to see if it was even CAPABLE of orbiting.

KSP locked up a few times, resumed, and then this happened.

ZUvw
Edited by flaillomanz

HERES THE BADEST THING YOU DONE.I flying to the north pole my plane broke up in 1,000 feet but the kraken didn't know that i had a parachute i landed safely on the north pole the rescue craft came and got back to KSC bob kerman did not knew what the hell got wrong i blame the space kraken or the ship heres my kerman freaked the hell out of him.[ATTACH=CONFIG]32236[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]32237[/ATTACH]

These are all amusign stories, but a lot of people seem to be referencing the kraken at any rocket failure here. The kraken specifically refers to explosion effects at high speeds! Therefore, those 0 speed exlosions are something else entirely :)

These are all amusign stories, but a lot of people seem to be referencing the kraken at any rocket failure here. The kraken specifically refers to explosion effects at high speeds! Therefore, those 0 speed exlosions are something else entirely :)

Hummm so your saying Lockness or the Lusca? something else ?

heh, i think i've angered the kraken with my vehicle dubbed, "mun tank"... i've flown it to the mun twice now, and both times it makes the trip successfully, only to flip rediculously fast at very low speeds.

it's worth noting that i'm using the gravisapa to get the 8 wheeled monstrosity there, but once on the surface, i didnt use any of the functions of the gravisapa. (pics to come soon... didnt think to take any...)

• 1 month later...

I was in a Large orbit with Jool, and I was going to shrink it. But then when I reached the apoapsis the entire ship fell apart and my only strategy to get a closer look was that I let out one of the Kermans and I used all his jet pack fuel to get the orbit down to 114 million kilometers. BUT the orbit looked very beautiful. Maybe at some point In will take a picture of the stranded kerman.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.