Adjustable Docking Port

I'm screwing around with the most science fictiony designs I can muster up and while there's some stuff I might keep for later, most of them don't match up in size, obviously. This creates the problem of docking ports being too far off to meet up, even with adjusting springs and whatnot. 

I have the Feline Rover mod, which includes an adjustable docking port, but that's square-ish. In the looks-department that's not always what I'm going for. Now, I once saw a KSP clip on Youtube where a guy used a docking port that showed some nice flexibility, but ofcourse I didn't know I wanted it then and I can't find the clip now. 

What I'm looking for is a mod with a docking device that allows a little wiggle room. Even I have my limits, ofcourse, I'm not talking half a mile of docking port, a few shreds of realism are still welcome.

Actually, it would be for transferring resources. Ore, MatKits, Fuel... Jeb can just get out and walk his lazy green butt over.

So. Any idea? I'm on 1.4.2, if that's relevant.

I have KSPB. I love KSPB, even though I haven't managed one base anywhere outside the SPH. But ehm... it doesn't look like it has flexible docking ports. I just shut the game down, as 7am is an excellent time to go to bed, but I'll double check tomorrow. Things have a habit of showing up for me after someone else says I have them...

I did grab @DMagic's Flexible Docking mod. That seems to pretty much do the trick and it's a creepily accurate finishing touch for my bug-like rover, which now has a wiggly worm butt. More variants are always welcome though, as it's still not the mod I saw in the clip.

Edited by Bakkerbaard
Essentially, I've got what I want with the Flexiports, at this point I'm just curious about other options. Also, I'm going to change the first i in "Docking" into an o now.

Infernal robotics have any kind of powered and unpowered liaisons, rotators, translators, pivots...

That's most likely not the simplest (nor the most compact) solution to your problem, but that's the mod which will offer the greatest possible control over adjusting.

5 hours ago, Kesa said:

That's most likely not the simplest (nor the most compact) solution to your problem, but that's the mod which will offer the greatest possible control over adjusting.

I did have that at one point, but I don't now. Don't remember why, prolly because it's a WIP and because it indeed isn't simple. I should fiddle with it longer, but getting a functioning arm set up (which I needed it for) felt like a unachievable goal at the time.

As far as compact goes: Ha! Go big or go home. That's my motto right up until launch, at which point I see I went too big and have to go home...

10 hours ago, Gargamel said:

If not, it's not very clear on what you want....

I know I'm not very interesting, but a few posts up I stated I had DMagic's Flex-ports and I'm loving it. ;o) Incidentally, that's also almost exactly what I want, it's just not what I saw in the mysterious Youtube clip.

Woah, gave that DMagic post an extra look through and that EVA Resource Transfer thing might be worth looking into as well. Thanks!

Just to round this off definitively: You know when you're looking for your glasses and they were on your head the whole time?

Turns out that Mysterious Docking Port I saw in the Untracable Youtube Clip is the K&K Flexible Docking Port, part of one of the first mods I nabbed. The port is in "Structural" rather than "Coupling" which is why it has eluded me until I was now screwing around with something else entirely.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.