What's your dream planet?

The Minmus Derp

Poll time!  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a dream planet?

• 3 weeks later...

Assuming that I don't have to justify how this place came to be...

Earth-sized, similar composition, and seeded with Earth life. Substantially colder, however (so not much in the way of tropics), with a history of sporadic and widespread glaciation and lots of large bodies of fresh water. Seems like a bit of a random list, but there's something I'm shooting for here. Glaciation tends to leave behind interesting terrain, and the large bodies of fresh water will lead to lake-effect weather. I'm the kind of oddball who hates summer and prefers winter. As such, I'm trying to orchestrate conditions for long snowy winters and short summers. The interesting terrain is just there to ensure that the skiing and hiking will be good.

So basically, the effect I'm shooting for is a planet that has at least one place that's got terrain similar to that of the Adirondack Mountains of NY, but colder and somewhat snowier to make the winter conditions more consistent year-to-year. Nor'easters are all well and good as a source of snow, but they're not quite as consistent as lake-effect.

A small planet (about half the size of Pluto) orbiting a red supergiant. The planets magnetic field is so strong that it can even deflect a gamma ray burst, without the magnetic field affecting anything on the planet. There's a ginourmous replicator that makes use of the helium- hydrogen gas field the solar system is in, so it can never run out of resources. It is like earth, but more mountainous with numerous plateaus where all structures are on. It doesn't have a faulty axle though, and it is permanently a cool- ish 66 and mildly humid at the equator, and becoming very cold the farther north you get. It is also run solely on sodium nuclear reactors, mostly to power the replicators. Other then everything above, it's like earth in most respects. Everyone is equal and vegans don't exist.

Cool!

3 hours ago, Kernel Kraken said:

A small planet (about half the size of Pluto) orbiting a red supergiant. The planets magnetic field is so strong that it can even deflect a gamma ray burst, without the magnetic field affecting anything on the planet. There's a ginourmous replicator that makes use of the helium- hydrogen gas field the solar system is in, so it can never run out of resources. It is like earth, but more mountainous with numerous plateaus where all structures are on. It doesn't have a faulty axle though, and it is permanently a cool- ish 66 and mildly humid at the equator, and becoming very cold the farther north you get. It is also run solely on sodium nuclear reactors, mostly to power the replicators. Other then everything above, it's like earth in most respects. Everyone is equal and vegans don't exist.

My dream planet would be called 'Gebiesia' (Gee-bees-ia)

It would be populated entirely by cats.

There would be no crime, no pollution, no poverty, corruption, anything. Everybody would be equal.

There would be no schools or jobs (as the economy runs on minerals found in the vacuum of space. Micro particles that are extracted from the lack of oxygen in space)
Everybody can get whatever they want, where they want, and whenever they want it. The government would have a Supreme Leader. Supreme Leader AllyGebies (a black cat which looks like a mini panther). If anybody attacks another person, they are made to apologize and help the victim. If, however, they kill other felines, they are given the death sentence, effective immediately. Their body is killed, but their soul and spirit is simply transferred to another cat. This isn't the case for minor incidents (so if somebody accidentally pushes another person over, they won't be punished)

The military will exist, and it will rule over other planets, populating them with cats, turning the local population into food for the consumption by Supreme Leader Gebies. That is my dream planet

17 hours ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

The military will exist, and it will rule over other planets, populating them with cats, turning the local population into food for the consumption by Supreme Leader Gebies. That is my dream planet

(Building orbital defense railguns intinsifies)

23 hours ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

My dream planet would be called 'Gebiesia' (Gee-bees-ia)

It would be populated entirely by cats.

There would be no crime, no pollution, no poverty, corruption, anything. Everybody would be equal.

There would be no schools or jobs (as the economy runs on minerals found in the vacuum of space. Micro particles that are extracted from the lack of oxygen in space)
Everybody can get whatever they want, where they want, and whenever they want it. The government would have a Supreme Leader. Supreme Leader AllyGebies (a black cat which looks like a mini panther). If anybody attacks another person, they are made to apologize and help the victim. If, however, they kill other felines, they are given the death sentence, effective immediately. Their body is killed, but their soul and spirit is simply transferred to another cat. This isn't the case for minor incidents (so if somebody accidentally pushes another person over, they won't be punished)

Initiating construction of lightspeed railguns now...

Just now, The Minmus Derp said:

Initiating construction of lightspeed railguns now...

Fool, the glorious Gebies Empire will wipe out the planet known as 'Earth'. Felines are superior to all other forms of life!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.