Mini Star Wars

Mini Star Wars
(Drones)

This project was inspired by the Mini SR-71 Drone. I started with the Mini X-Wing and then one thing lead to another so I started building other craft. Each Craft is available as an Aircraft as shown at the later part of the video. The Space Craft are available and given an SC suffix for Space Craft.

@klond built an amazing Star Wars Crawl and we in cooperated it into the project along with a K&S Logo.

I found a very nice Battlecrusier on Kerbalx and asked the builder if it would be ok to feature his craft in the video. So big thanks to vasco2gama for allowing us to feature his craft.

sZgGiQC.png

Photos

Operations

X-Wing requires Action Group 7 for landing gear because the cockpit it a landing gear. Full Throttle, SAS, RCS & Space Bar to begin Lift Off. Space Bar a second time will engage the Juno's for forward thrust. Action Groups 1 for VTOL and 2 for rear engines. After a high rate of speed (130-140) the VTOL Engines can be shut down. Half or near Half Throttle seems to be a good starting point for VTOL landing.

Y-Wing requires the VTOL engines to run continuously during handling. Full Throttle, SAS, RCS & Space Bar to begin Lift Off. Space Bar a second time will engage the Juno's for forward thrust. Action Groups 1 for VTOL and 2 for rear engines.

Tie Fighter is a very delicate Aircraft when it comes to landing and high speeds are a must for vertical flight. Keeping the nose at a slight upwards angle is often needed to maintain flight. Full Throttle, SAS, RCS & Space Bar to begin Lift Off. Space Bar a second time will engage the Juno's for forward thrust. Action Groups 1 for VTOL and 2 for rear engines.

Mini Millennium Falcon Full Throttle, SAS, RCS & Space Bar to begin Lift Off. Space Bar a second time will engage the Juno's for forward thrust. Action Groups 1 for VTOL and 2 for rear engines. Remember, if it looks like a rock, it probably will fly like one!

Craft File: Mini Millennium Falcon
Craft File: Mini Millennium Falcon SC

Parts: 75
Mass: 4.71t
Height: 1.5m
Width: 2.9m
Length: 2.8m

Craft File: Tie Fighter
Craft File: Tie Fighter SC

Parts: 50
Mass: 2.707t
Height: 1.4m
Width: 1.4m
Length: 1.5m

Craft File: X-Wing
Craft File: X-Wing SC

Parts: 50
Mass: 5.036t
Height: 2.5m
Width: 4.0m
Length: 5.4m

Craft File: Y-Wing

Parts: 109
Mass: 5.921t
Height: 1.6m
Width: 3.4m
Length: 7.3m

Edited by Castille7

5 hours ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

Congratulations on not only getting those to look great, but also to fly. I've always had to cheat to make Star Wars replicas fly.

Thank you! :) I appreciate the nice comments, these are nice to hear after so many hours of work. I do agree they where very challenging.

4 hours ago, SkunkTwerks said:

These are truly delightful @Castille7!

I especially applaud your creative use of AIRBRAKES as movable X-wing S-foils, and I'm blown away by the fact that they're all VTOL capable. You took on a really difficult design challenge, and I'm a huge fan of your end results!

Thank you! :) I want to say those Air-brakes where the first building blocks of this whole project. When the idea came to mind I couldn't stop working on the craft, then it became the motivation to build the others. The VTOL is a motivation in itself, I love building and flying these type Aircraft. My son is a top maintenance mechanic on these in the RL and makes me a proud dad for sure. (MV-22's).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.