[0.16]Astronaut Memorial Plaques

LaydeeDem

He told me there is some copyright issue. I would love it to be uploaded as well.

Sadly, this one won't be available. Although the model is open source, I don't own the copyright to it. KSP devs are pretty strict about that. Besides this, there are so many polys in his hands alone, it takes almost forever to load. If you don't have an awesome machine, your framerate will drop to 3/sec if you try to drive up to it (I confirmed this with a laptop).

I COULD recreate the whole thing on a much more basic level, but that will take time away from the real mods. There's also another issue, you have to cheat to get him there. The base alone is a 1000 thrust engine...

Here are a few more shots.

http://imgur.com/a/ccvrJ#0

As far as Nutt's excellent, legit, and classy tribute -- I don't want to steal his thunder. I just meant to share and commiserate, as well as celebrate the achievements of a man whom I could never be. During my first attempt at catching the Mun, in a videogame, I became instantly more aware of how hard what they accomplished was.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.