[1.3.0] Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.3.0 (2017-05-28)

cybutek

33 minutes ago, Murdabenne said:

Go read back a few pages?

KSP version 1.2.1 released about 10 Minutes before I posted. I have read the previous pages. I should have stated that it was about that new patch.

Edited by Verband

I noticed last night that KER has problems with the monoprop fueled derp parts from roverdudes mod. Mechjeb is able to work out dV and TWR where KER doesn't seem to see them, maybe confusing them with RCS parts.

1 hour ago, AVaughan said:

I haven't tried replicating this in a stock game yet, but in my current (60 + mods) game KER doesn't consider fuel in surfaced attached fuel tanks when calculating dV.   (KER version 1.1.2.4p on ksp 1.2).

I guess that is what I get for waiting to report this until I was done playing for the evening.

I only have 19 mods however...

(took me a while to figure out why KER said ~10K lf only gave a few hundred m/s and would all burn in less than 3 minutes... It was only seeing the fuel in a 2.5 to mk3 adapter, not all those 1.25 LF tanks I had in the cargo bay, the fuel in the 1.25 tanks was considered dry weight)

Bug Report? Maybe?

TWR reported in VAB doesn't match TWR reported on pad.

https://gyazo.com/451b4a9ae13bf750ff6150165229d898
https://gyazo.com/b37c9730801b7b19d1f0ea61cf9051dd

I've been pulling hair out trying to explain why I keep coming up short of orbit by 500 dV with this craft. Started looking harder at the figures and noticed what was 1.76 TWR at build became 1.50 at launch. Given the last few comments, maybe this has to do with the two radial engines?

Edited by Roninpawn

OMG! *blush*

So, backstory: CKAN took a crap on me recently when I agreed to update my mod collection. It took me down a long rabbit hole trying to untangle the mess it had made which eventually ended in wiping everything out and rebuilding from scratch. I've gotten so used to KER just being there and doing it's thing it never even occurred to me that I hadn't ticked the ATMO box. WOW. So many launches trying to make sense of TWR and dV not lining up. What a wet, hot mess.

Excuse me, I need to go see if my computer is plugged in now.

12 hours ago, SaintStyle said:

Thx for working on KER - without this mod my kerbals would never explore more than the mun.
But is there any chance to change the color of the info panels? I don't like that light green very much.

I agree that the colours of everything should really be configurable but a lot of the UI code needs an overhaul to reduce the garbage creation and it doesn't make sense to do this before that's done.

10 hours ago, Verband said:

Edit: 1.1.2.4 Works after patch, just moans about the wrong version number.

Indeed, 1.1.2.4p should work in 1.2.1 as well as it did in 1.2.0.  There will be another test release shortly to stop the version checking complaining...

9 hours ago, Vorg said:

I noticed last night that KER has problems with the monoprop fueled derp parts from roverdudes mod. Mechjeb is able to work out dV and TWR where KER doesn't seem to see them, maybe confusing them with RCS parts.

This is a bit strange.  If they are normal engines then they should calculate something unless the are falling foul of the changes to resource flow in 1.2 (they may override the default flow mode of monoprop).

9 hours ago, AVaughan said:

I haven't tried replicating this in a stock game yet, but in my current (60 + mods) game KER doesn't consider fuel in surfaced attached fuel tanks when calculating dV.   (KER version 1.1.2.4p on ksp 1.2).

Yes, as mentioned several times in the last few pages, the deltaV calculation code has not yet been updated to cope correctly with all the changes to the fuel flow in KSP 1.2.

8 hours ago, Vorg said:

It doesn't seem to see the RCS radial mount engines ether.

I explicitly tested these when making the changes to fix ion engines the other day so I am surprised at this.  Can you provide more details (example craft file and screenshot of build engineer window in all stages mode)?

3 hours ago, Padishar said:

Yes, as mentioned several times in the last few pages, the deltaV calculation code has not yet been updated to cope correctly with all the changes to the fuel flow in KSP 1.2.

Sorry, I thought that was primarily for the fuel flow priorities, I did not realize surface mounted fuel tanks previously would not feed engines.

Thanks for all your hard work on the mod.

First, thanks a million about KER, it's one of my favorite mod! But I'm using KER only for two HUDs displays, to display orbital parameters (HUD 1) and surface parameters + target selector (HUD 2).

I'm using lastest Dev version available in date (1.1.2.4p), and new KSP v1.2.1 (x64).

I have one question : is it possible to disable the "FLIGHT ENGINEER" window when the mouse cursor flies over the button (in flight), I mean, displaying this window only when I left-click on this button (using stock bar).

Thanks in advance for reply/help.

Dominique.

Edited by DomiKamu

1 hour ago, DomiKamu said:

I have one question : is it possible to disable the "FLIGHT ENGINEER" window when the mouse cursor flies over the button (in flight), I mean, displaying this window only when I left-click on this button (using stock bar).

It isn't currently possible but it shouldn't be too difficult to make it configurable.  I'll see what I can do...

On Wednesday November 02, 2016 at 2:24 PM, Terwin said:

Sorry, I thought that was primarily for the fuel flow priorities, I did not realize surface mounted fuel tanks previously would not feed engines.

This is my favorite feature of new fuel flow model. Oh well, back to engineerless KSP. It's been fun so far (slight teeth grinding).

hi there !

just installed the " latest" 1.1..2.4p version landed with a  big 30t rover on duna i target a station few km away and while driving i would to check the distance to target via randez vous window , clicking on randez vous made freez the game i had to close in windows task menager so i have no log output from this crash.

i didin't check every previous pages to seen if this bug was already reported, sry if it was

i will try to reload ksp and check if it's happen again ... if it is i will change installed ker version to an older and check if it's still happen (but i remember few days ago i havn't this issue in the same kind of situation driving an ore extracting rover on duna)

btw refering to this :

On 02/11/2016 at 11:20 AM, Padishar said:

I explicitly tested these when making the changes to fix ion engines the other day so I am surprised at this.  Can you provide more details (example craft file and screenshot of build engineer window in all stages mode)?

my personnal craft has a good "pouf" rcs engines readings

and again but the most importent : thank u guys for keep this mod alife !

37 minutes ago, crackerbal said:

so i have no log output from this crash.

Well, it certainly isn't a common problem.  There should always be an output_log.txt file in the KSP_x64_Data folder.  If you have restarted the game then it will have been overwritten.  It may not tell us much but it might help...

1 hour ago, Padishar said:

Well, it certainly isn't a common problem.  There should always be an output_log.txt file in the KSP_x64_Data folder.  If you have restarted the game then it will have been overwritten.  It may not tell us much but it might help...

ok... sry i dont know how are the logs working i tought that once i turn off the ksp from windows there would been no logs created as the game itself is freez.

i proceed in few changes on my game data folder, and checked this rdv issue... indeed it didin't occur anymore, i should better check before i posted here, sry for your time @Padishar

btw speaking about randez vous window, previusly there was a "distance to target ", am i blind or am i dont see it anymore ?.... edit : nvm i'd a bug where the distance was incrasing insteed of decrasing on approach, works fine after reload

Edited by crackerbal

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.