[1.3.0] Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.3.0 (2017-05-28)

cybutek

Couldn't find a link to any place for bug reports so I'm just posting it here. Latest KSP and KER with no other mods, the TWR calculation doesn't look like it has a cut off altitude or uses vacuum calculations properly, Just noticed that my lv-909 had almost 2k TWR when the craft it was on entered the SOI of the Mun, it gradually reduces as I get closer to the Mun. This is just the max TWR, wasn't in a situation to test if current thrust display incorrectly as I have 15dv on this craft.

Couldn't find a link to any place for bug reports so I'm just posting it here. Latest KSP and KER with no other mods, the TWR calculation doesn't look like it has a cut off altitude or uses vacuum calculations properly, Just noticed that my lv-909 had almost 2k TWR when the craft it was on entered the SOI of the Mun, it gradually reduces as I get closer to the Mun. This is just the max TWR, wasn't in a situation to test if current thrust display incorrectly as I have 15dv on this craft.

If I understand you correctly, that is expected behavior. TWR is calculated using the gravity the craft is experiencing, and that gravity gets stronger the closer the vessel is to the celestial body so TWR should fall as it gets closer to the surface. There is a separate readout, Surface TWR, that uses the body's surface gravity for the calculation and that one should not change if your vessel is just orbiting.

If I understand you correctly, that is expected behavior. TWR is calculated using the gravity the craft is experiencing, and that gravity gets stronger the closer the vessel is to the celestial body so TWR should fall as it gets closer to the surface. There is a separate readout, Surface TWR, that uses the body's surface gravity for the calculation and that one should not change if your vessel is just orbiting.

Or use acceleration if you want a measurement independent of the current body

... you need either an engineer on board or one of the KER parts onboard. If not, the icon is greyed out and you'll get no info....

This is exactly what I needed to know. I was wondering why sometimes KER would show up and sometimes it wouldn't. Didn't dawn on me that I needed an engineer for it to show up. I'm just use to it being there all the time, I guess from when I was using "KER all pods".

Thanks a bunch for the quick 1.0 update !

one Issue I have is the Engineer doesn't know how to estimate remaining time till burn out on the 1st gen Jet Engine. I went from it from more than 24hs of flight time to 10 sec of flight time in 1h :27 m of flight time

Just a small Bug report :)

again thanks for this. its a godsend when building my deathtraps :)

Is there a way to only use the build overlay of KER and completely disable the flight displays? I feel like they are a bit cheaty but calculating delta-v and TWR by hand in the VAB is tedious for more complex craft.

I ask again, because this hasn't been answered, yet. :)

Could you consider adding a config option to disable the inflight-displays so I can use the build overlay only? I love your mod but calculating things "by hand" is very rewarding. KER gives a good design bases but adds too much post launch imho.

I ask again, because this hasn't been answered, yet. :)

Could you consider adding a config option to disable the inflight-displays so I can use the build overlay only? I love your mod but calculating things "by hand" is very rewarding. KER gives a good design bases but adds too much post launch imho.

There's an easy was to do this: Turn off the displays. Click the HUD1 and HUD2 buttons (and any other active windows), then press backslash to hide the UI. No more displays.

There's an easy was to do this: Turn off the displays. Click the HUD1 and HUD2 buttons (and any other active windows), then press backslash to hide the UI. No more displays.

You can also use settings to turn on career/part mode and not put the part on your rockets. Then there are no in-flight displays as the button is disabled.

Hopefully a really simple question - took some time off Kerbal and came back for 1.0. I see the KER window whe I am designing a ship but once I go to the launch screen I see nothing else from Redux. Wasn't there another UI screen when you are at launch or flying a ship? How do I get it back?

Sorry if this is a known issue, but the Delta V calculation for the MOD is incorrect, if you put a Mk1 cockpit and a Mk3 long fuselage and a single atomic engine, the MOD display tells you the ship has like 3500 Delta V but if I calculate it outside the game I get over 13000, and the MOD is not in atmospheric mode

Sorry if this is a known issue, but the Delta V calculation for the MOD is incorrect, if you put a Mk1 cockpit and a Mk3 long fuselage and a single atomic engine, the MOD display tells you the ship has like 3500 Delta V but if I calculate it outside the game I get over 13000, and the MOD is not in atmospheric mode

Do you maybe accidently pick oxidizer? New engine runs on LF only.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm having a Thrust to Weight issue. I was testing a Skycrane-type rover deployment on Kerbin. The TWR 1.78 on Kerbin but it won't leave the runway. I'm not sure why it would be wrong.

I think kerbal engineer also doesn't adjust for thrust/d-v losses due to an engines angling.

Edited by Temeter

Delta V calculations are pretty definitely off - I just had a maneuver that took 800, with KER telling me I had 1200+ dv left. I got less than halfway through the maneuver, dead on - could watch it draining away stupidly fast in the KER window.

Current engineer version also has a bug where massless parts, which now correctly add their weight to the parent part, are not counted into the d-v calculation. Notably the relatively heavy heatshields are - because of a stock bug - atm counted as massless parts.

Usual post-update business.^^'

So I seem to have found some sort of bug. I've been using your mod for a long time, but this is the first time I've seen this, and I've isolated it to this mod since this is the only mod I have installed and the problem is not reproducible when the mod is removed.

When a ship is in flight, the game seems to freeze every second or so for a small fraction of a second, as if there is a brief CPU overload and the game is trying to catch up. The problem is exacerbated when in physics time warp, both when in the atmosphere and in space. At 4x speed, the game plays out at real time speeds due to the constant lag.

This problem is reproducible on my computer and happens shortly after the launch of any spacecraft and then persists once I return to the space center or enter the VAB. I even isolated this to a CPU issue by playing the game with minimum graphical load (1/8 texture resolution, 0x anti-aliasing, etc.). As you can see from my computer specs below, it should be more than capable of running the game at the lowest settings and has run previous game versions (pre-1.0) smoothly at max graphical settings.

Computer Specs:

Windows 7

AMD FX 8350 @ 4.2 GHz

16GB DDR3 1866Hz

GTX 770

Is there anything I'm forgetting to do in setting up your mod? Is there anything you need from me? I've searched online and only found a forum post from about a year ago with someone having the same problem on a mac. Again, your mod has worked flawlessly in the past and has just now begun to act up with the most recent update.

Lastly, thanks for pushing the update so quickly!

I haven't heard anything and the problem still persists only when the mod is active on an otherwise un-modded client. I've been using this mod for literally years and have never had this problem. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Executing: MiniAVC - 1.0.3.0

Assembly: /home/local1907/.steam/steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KerbalEngineer/MiniAVC.dll

[Log 00:41:08.9190580]: Starter was created.

[Log 00:41:10.6255990]: Identical remote version found: Using remote version information only.

[Log 00:41:10.6267070]: http://ksp-avc.cybutek.net/version.php?id=6

NAME: Kerbal Engineer Redux

URL: http://ksp-avc.cybutek.net/version.php?id=6

DOWNLOAD: http://kerbal.curseforge.com/ksp-mods/222685-kerbal-engineer-redux

GITHUB: NULL

VERSION: 1.0.16.3

KSP_VERSION: 1.0

KSP_VERSION_MIN: NULL

KSP_VERSION_MAX: NULL

CompatibleKspVersion: True

CompatibleKspVersionMin: True

CompatibleKspVersionMax: True

CompatibleGitHubVersion: True

[Log 00:41:10.6319460]: Starter was destroyed.

Hello,

I just noticed something off the other day (multiple times).

When orbiting, for exemple Kerbin, if I click on the KER button on the upper right corner (where sits resources icon, contracts icon, and so on), the "resource display" of every fuel tank is displayed on my vessel.

The same if you click on a tank to see how many fuel is left (and/or desactivate its resources' access)

The problem is it won't go away. The only solution is to switch to KSC and then back to my vessel.

Reproduction steps :

- Have a vessel in orbit with a KER part on it

- Click on the KER icon in the upper right corner (ie. to show/hide the KER panel)

Problem : resources panel of each fuel tanks are displayed on the vessel and won't go away.

Thank you :)

EDIT : Never mind, i had a resource selected in the resource panel :rolleyes:

Edited by pandadoudou
Problem found, it was me...

Since the new atmosphere and fuel flow reworks kind of put a greater emphasis on the difference, what are the odds of being able to tag individual stages as atmospheric in the VAB display?

Yeah, I know it's mostly an insignificant difference that's fairly simple to do manually anyhow, but still.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.