[1.3.0] Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.3.0 (2017-05-28)

cybutek

Just downloaded the newest version 1.0.18.0 and when I drop it into the gamedata folder it makes the game cease to work. I'll try to be as descriptive as I can.

Specifically in the VAB:

It won't correctly load the parts list on the left side. I can't select any items though I can see a few of them listed.

If I load a ship it will load but I can't adjust any parts though when my mouse goes over them they down highlight and their name appears

I can't make any adjustments to the staging order on the right. I can select an item but can't move it or remove it.

I only have this mod running.

I'm on windows 10

all system specs are above minimum.

Let me know if you need any more info. Hopefully this is just a quick fix! I love this mod

Just downloaded the newest version 1.0.18.0 and when I drop it into the gamedata folder it makes the game cease to work. I'll try to be as descriptive as I can.

Specifically in the VAB:

It won't correctly load the parts list on the left side. I can't select any items though I can see a few of them listed.

If I load a ship it will load but I can't adjust any parts though when my mouse goes over them they down highlight and their name appears

I can't make any adjustments to the staging order on the right. I can select an item but can't move it or remove it.

I only have this mod running.

I'm on windows 10

all system specs are above minimum.

Let me know if you need any more info. Hopefully this is just a quick fix! I love this mod

When you installed it, did you put the "KerbalEngineer" folder (found inside the zip file) into your GameData folder, or did you just unzip directly into your GameData folder?

Also, do you have any other experience with installing KSP mods, or is this your first one?

When you installed it, did you put the "KerbalEngineer" folder (found inside the zip file) into your GameData folder, or did you just unzip directly into your GameData folder?

Also, do you have any other experience with installing KSP mods, or is this your first one?

I unziped the files, copied the "KerbalEngineer" folder into the GameData folder and then tried to run KSP. I didn't use any of the other files or folders that were with the .zip

I've used other mods in the past on my previous windows installation. Since the last time I used it I upgraded my hard drive to a SSN and upgraded to windows 10. Other than that, same system.

KSP%20Issue%201.jpg

No, ModuleManager and KER can and do run completely separately. It's when you install ModuleManager and then remove it that you get problems as MM creates it's own tech tree to load which the savefile then uses. Remove that and the savefile then has no valid tech tree to load.

KER is completely innocent and irrelevant in this.

Does this mod have any compatibility issues with RSS, RealFuels, or KW Rocketry? I'm having some issues with improper or nonexistent calculations.

It's quite possible. Engines changed considerably in stock v1.0 and KER and RF both needed to change to cope and I believe there have also been other enhancements to RF that may not be correctly accounted for. Your best bet is to provide a craft file, a required mod list (with versions), a screenshot of the incorrect display and an explanation of what you think is wrong (assuming it isn't really obvious) and then hope that I (or someone else) finds some spare time to investigate.

It's quite possible. Engines changed considerably in stock v1.0 and KER and RF both needed to change to cope and I believe there have also been other enhancements to RF that may not be correctly accounted for. Your best bet is to provide a craft file, a required mod list (with versions), a screenshot of the incorrect display and an explanation of what you think is wrong (assuming it isn't really obvious) and then hope that I (or someone else) finds some spare time to investigate.

Thanks, will do.

EDIT:

Here is the craft file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6xMgDmf09ewbjVUTTdTZndHc2s

The delta V readouts change inexplicably.

Mods all updated to most recent through CKAN:

KER

RSS

RealFuels with stockalike configs (Solver Engines Plugin included)

Crossfeed Enabler

RealPlume

KW Rocketry + community fixes

Javascript is disabled. View full album

FINAL EDIT:

Solved! Most herp-derp moment ever: I was designing launch stages, but my root part was somewhere in the launch vehicle, not the payload. Making a part in the payload provides the correct Delta V.

Edited by Tank Buddy

I looking for a glossary for all the terms in KER. I know alot of the terms and how to use them but some I don't. It seems the ones I don't know do not have a description in the game when you click the question mark.

Any suggestions on where to look?

Featherwinglove and I found a bug in the Time to Atmosphere module -- when the orbit is entirely inside the atmosphere, it asks for the true anomaly of a radius that doesn't exist in that orbit, which results in spam of "dT is NaN!" in the log (see http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/5334 for more details). I've made the fix (check that the apoapsis is outside the atmosphere as well as checking that periapsis is inside the atmosphere) and submitted a pull-request, but in the meantime, people who use that feature should keep its panel turned off while performing atmospheric flight.

Hello Mr Cybutek,

would it be possible to integrate a "whole craft Temperature" readout?

You would simply have to calculate a weighted arithmetic mean of all the part temperatures, where the weights are the "Thermal Mass" properties.

Edited by Kobymaru

Hello Mr Cybutek,

would it be possible to integrate a "whole craft Temperature" readout?

You would simply have to calculate a weighted arithmetic mean of all the part temperatures, where the weights are the "Thermal Mass" properties.

I can't really see much point to it, what would you actually use it for?

So I have this weird problem with a craft in the VAB rapidly changing the DV calculation between two states. Also I'm having an incorrect DV calculation related to fuel lines that I think may be related. I'm not sure the problem is with KER, it may just be making the problem visible. Has anyone seen a similar issue?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.