How complicated is it to add Motion Blur into the game?

Hey guys!

So I know motion blur is not among the most requested of features out there because it is quite hungry and can be a little annoying at times. However, motion blur is extremely useful for video making. It just makes everything look much smoother and simulates a slow shutter speed on a camera as for example used in cinematic shots.

I did a short google search and found that Unity is capable to provide that feature out of the box. However, I'm not sure how much effort it would take to implement it into the game. Does it only require a box to be ticked or is there more to it? I would love if the devs could add it in one of the upcoming updates! If there is a possibility to mod it please let me know!

I also found this plugin which may help (MIT license) https://github.com/keijiro/KinoMotion

Edited by LukasKerman

Well, just to answer the question from your title: Pretty easy if you are fine with mods:

I know, this is meant to be as a suggestion for the stock game, and I would always vote for more (optional!) visual effects but so far, this is a quiet good solution :) Well, it requires some .cfg tuning but there are some examples and finished configs in the thread :)

Since Squad dropped the 32bit support, we may even get some better stock visuals, who knows :)

I think I googled at least 15 minutes and didn't find that particular mod. I'll have a look and thanks for the reply! For now I would be happy with ANY solution!

edit: THANKS MAN! That's exactly what I was looking for and it even works with 1.5.1. Unbelievable! xD

edit2: I have some issues getting the Motion Blue to work but I asked in the mod's thread. I'll post the solution here in case there is one.

Edited by LukasKerman

• 4 years later...
  • 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.