[1.12.x] SIMPLEX Kerbalism 3.16

theJesuit

Hi, love this mod so far. Just wanted to report an issue that was easy to fix on my end.

Some unmanned experiments were not properly being added to the relevant techs. In KerbalismSimplex/System/ScienceRework/Tweakables/StockGroups-Unmanned.cfg, RITE, NITE and FITE are assigned to techs "Stability" and "Electrics". However, the techs' actual ids in vanilla and ctt are "stability" and "electrics", lowercase. replacing the uppercase characters with lowercase characters fixed this error, and I can now use the experiments on probes.

I use Linux, so maybe its linux-specific since linux is more particular about case sensitivity. Simplex kerbalism was installed using ckan, if it matters.

• 2 months later...
On 7/16/2022 at 7:31 PM, theJesuit said:

Sure!  Is this the same in vanilla kerbalism? 

It may not be this week,  but I'll have a day the week after to sort out a heap of small updates which i need to do in one sitting otherwise i spend half my time reworking the same code.

Any word on the CommNet Antennas Extension issue? It's specifically the Info and Consumptor plugins of the mod.

• 1 month later...

@theJesuit Hey, just noticed a minor error from some of the simplex patches, which are using FOR[KerbalismDefault], causing incorrect activation of patches depending on default kerbalism

The following patches:

[LOG 03:34:14.606] :FOR[KERBALISMDEFAULT] pass
[LOG 03:34:14.668] Applying update KerbalismSimplex/Support/SimplexNFSpacecraft/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCurvedSolarPanel]]:FOR[KerbalismDefault] to NearFutureSolar/Parts/SolarPanels/deploying-curved/nfs-panel-deploying-curved-25-1.cfg/PART[nfs-panel-deploying-curved-25-1]
[LOG 03:34:14.668] Applying update KerbalismSimplex/Support/SimplexNFSpacecraft/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCurvedSolarPanel]]:FOR[KerbalismDefault] to NearFutureSolar/Parts/SolarPanels/deploying-curved/nfs-panel-deploying-curved-375-1.cfg/PART[nfs-panel-deploying-curved-375-1]
[LOG 03:34:14.668] Applying update KerbalismSimplex/Support/SimplexNFSpacecraft/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCurvedSolarPanel]]:FOR[KerbalismDefault] to NearFutureSolar/Parts/SolarPanels/static-curved/nfs-panel-static-curved-25-1.cfg/PART[nfs-panel-static-curved-25-1]
[LOG 03:34:14.669] Applying update KerbalismSimplex/Support/SimplexNFSpacecraft/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCurvedSolarPanel]]:FOR[KerbalismDefault] to NearFutureSolar/Parts/SolarPanels/static-curved/nfs-panel-static-curved-375-1.cfg/PART[nfs-panel-static-curved-375-1]
[LOG 03:34:14.704] Applying update KerbalismSimplex/Support/SimplexNFSpacecraft/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCurvedSolarPanel]]:FOR[KerbalismDefault] to TundraExploration/Parts/RodanV2/TE_CD2_TRUNK.cfg/PART[TE_18_DRAGONV2_TRUNK]

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Updated this to 3.16.  Some issues addressed.  Sorry I wasn't able to fix the CommNet issue, or the Habitat issue.  I've no idea what causing that Habitat issues with the disable Habitat button disappearing.

However have fixed:

• Fixed extra converter reliability with ISRU 125
  • Fixed NFSpacecraft running a KerbalismDefault thanks @Rodger
  • Fixed RITE, NITE and FITE default assignments for Stock and CTT tech trees thanks @Vaskritaya
  • Also Increased VISTA results by 4 times

Peace.

• 1 month later...

In your SIMPLEX tech tree mod page you recommend setting 50% science. When using the tech tree with SIMPLEX Kerbalism, is that still the recommendation? It was my understanding that Kerbalism may already be scaling the science. Thank you!

2 hours ago, shifty803 said:

In your SIMPLEX tech tree mod page you recommend setting 50% science. When using the tech tree with SIMPLEX Kerbalism, is that still the recommendation? It was my understanding that Kerbalism may already be scaling the science. Thank you!

Simplex Kerbalism, and regular kerbalism DOES have different values for science, but it is weighted rather than scaled for crew missions as these are harder due to kerbalism.

TBF the Simplex TechTree may be a little difficult at 50% in initial stages as those forst 15point nodes are a jump.  It is possible from what I remember.

100% science will mean a quick play through with much less grind on the science. 

Hello. I am having some issues with the ISRU's. I can't seem to be able to use the stock ISRU's (Convert-O-Tron 250 and 125) to turn Ore into Liquid Hydrogen. Please keep in mind that I don't have SIMPLEX Resources installed. This is how the ISRU looks for me:

Screenshot-20240610-063901.png

Something interesting that I observed related to this is the options for K&K Planetary ISRU from the Kerbal Planetary Base Systems mod. HydrateOre is mentioned, for example, but I believe that it only exists in SIMPLEX Resources:

Screenshot-20240610-064121.png

I tried using SIMPLEX Resources, so I had to remove a CTT dependency, and that broke the game for me, which is why I don't want to use it. Is there any way for me to turn my Ore into Liquid Hydrogen that I am missing? Thank you so much for this awesome config, by the way, and thank you in advance. Have a good day!

Edited by Suray

1 hour ago, Suray said:

I tried using SIMPLEX Resources, so I had to remove a CTT dependency, and that broke the game for me, which is why I don't want to use it. Is there any way for me to turn my Ore into Liquid Hydrogen that I am missing? Thank you so much for this awesome config, by the way, and thank you in advance. Have a good day!

I asume youvmean CRP (community resource pack) rather than CTT (Community Tech Tree)? :)

I believe if you use Kerbalism Config rather than Kerbalism Simplex which means installing Community Resource Pack you would have better luck.  Kerbalism Simplex is designed to lessen complex resource sets, hence why it supports only Ore to the stock resources.  Simplex Resources also doesn't support Liquid Hydrogen, but there is an analogue to use with cryo engines.  I wouldn't switch half way through a save though!

You won't be able to switch Kerbalism types half way through a save though i don't think. Sorry!

6 hours ago, theJesuit said:

I asume youvmean CRP (community resource pack) rather than CTT (Community Tech Tree)? :)

I believe if you use Kerbalism Config rather than Kerbalism Simplex which means installing Community Resource Pack you would have better luck.  Kerbalism Simplex is designed to lessen complex resource sets, hence why it supports only Ore to the stock resources.  Simplex Resources also doesn't support Liquid Hydrogen, but there is an analogue to use with cryo engines.  I wouldn't switch half way through a save though!

You won't be able to switch Kerbalism types half way through a save though i don't think. Sorry!

Oh thank you so much for the hyper quick answer! I understand, and I really appreciate your input. On CKAN, SIMPLEX Resources and Community Resource Pack don't conflict each other, so I may have ended up installing both. That may have been the issue, actually. Regardless, once more, thank you so much for your very quick response. I had gone to sleep and you already responded by the time I woke up! I hope you have a great day :)