select science points ?

heli

Hello,
Does anyone know a mod or another possibility where I can select the science points manually.
I would like to have an extended start where I have already completed a first part of the research tree.
I know I can do a lot of research at the beginning and just click through the tree. But then are all research points on Kerbal available too, which I do not want!

1 hour ago, heli said:

Hello,
Does anyone know a mod or another possibility where I can select the science points manually.
I would like to have an extended start where I have already completed a first part of the research tree.
I know I can do a lot of research at the beginning and just click through the tree. But then are all research points on Kerbal available too, which I do not want!

Well you can use alt-f12 to give yourself a few hundred science points.

There is a mod that collects all the science around the KSC biomes.

That will give you at least a bit of a boost at the start of the game.  I've never used the mod, but my understanding is that it also completes the relevant science so you cannot go out and collect it again.

1 hour ago, overkill13 said:

There is a mod that collects all the science around the KSC biomes.

That will give you at least a bit of a boost at the start of the game.  I've never used the mod, but my understanding is that it also completes the relevant science so you cannot go out and collect it again.

I've used it and it's nice to skip the early grind. Yes it only lets you get the science once and you don't get it all to start. You only get what you would be able to get by driving around the ksc and collecting it manually. So, every time you unlock a new science doodad, you get a new influx of points.

You open the 'persistent.sfs' file for the save - brand-new it'll be pretty short - and find the line about science points and type in a bigger number.

It's basically the same as f2 method, just using a text editor instead of the cheat menu.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.