[1.10.X][v2.4] Project Manager, Group and Autonumber Launches [18/10/2019]

Beale

5 minutes ago, Beale said:

For a quick fix, we could change the special characters (e.g. something more mundane such as # or @) and maybe take a look at more sophisticated parsing in future?

Absolutely up to you, but if I were in that place, I'd set aside the time and do a proper update, even if it cannot happen right away and may take longer initially; quick-and-dirty replacing one special character with another ultimately sounds like a recipe for failure.

'Hash' and 'at' have special meanings as well, and you'd have to test to see if they do have any side effects, which will need to be done again whenever a more sophisticated solution presents itself.

It's not like the mod is completely unusable in its current state, it works fine even in 1.9 for the most part, with the exception of the caveats noted before. Maybe put a warning in the OP, and do a proper update/rewrite whenever you feel like it.

3 minutes ago, Corax said:

Absolutely up to you, but if I were in that place, I'd set aside the time and do a proper update, even if it cannot happen right away and may take longer initially; quick-and-dirty replacing one special character with another ultimately sounds like a recipe for failure.

'Hash' and 'at' have special meanings as well, and you'd have to test to see if they do have any side effects, which will need to be done again whenever a more sophisticated solution presents itself.

It's not like the mod is completely unusable in its current state, it works fine even in 1.9 for the most part, with the exception of the caveats noted before. Maybe put a warning in the OP, and do a proper update/rewrite whenever you feel like it.

A full rework is going to be tricky, actually a better solution instead of # and @, I will check for ]A for alphabetical naming and ]R for roman numerals, clean and easy and no special chars.

Edited by Beale

5 hours ago, Beale said:

yeah I need to do a general house-keeping recompile for 1.9, etc.

FWIW, the current release has been working fine for me in 1.9.1.

5 hours ago, Beale said:

For a quick fix, we could change the special characters (e.g. something more mundane such as # or @) and maybe take a look at more sophisticated parsing in future?

It might be better to put numbering options in the vessel's description instead of cluttering up the title.  Maybe look for a string like "[Numbering: Roman]" anywhere in the description.

Or, maybe store a project's numbering type in the mod's SCENARIO block so it doesn't have to be specified on each vessel, and add toolbar button that opens a window to edit the settings for each project.  (That'd also provide a way to change a project's LAUNCH_NUMBER without having to manually edit the .sfs file.)

On 4/3/2020 at 3:53 PM, Wyzard said:

Or, maybe store a project's numbering type in the mod's SCENARIO block so it doesn't have to be specified on each vessel, and add toolbar button that opens a window to edit the settings for each project.  (That'd also provide a way to change a project's LAUNCH_NUMBER without having to manually edit the .sfs file.)

Not having a toolbar button is very important to this, I aim to keep it as invisible and lightweight as possible. :)

Version 2.4
Recompile for KSP 1.9

https://github.com/Tantares/ProjectManager/releases/tag/v2.4

• You now use ]R for roman numeral naming.
  • You now use ]A for alphabetical naming.

iVCB4Xr.png

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I found that if I renamed a vessel into "Sat I", and then launch a new mission called "[Sat]R", it will be renamed into "Sat I", not "Sat II". Is this feature normally?

Could this mod scan other vessel's name and add on the number? Or, it just keeps ignoring other vessels' name, not planning to change this.

• 4 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.