A Kerbal's Guide to our solar system

NovaSilisko

Edit; now we\'re talking about it, what about a binary planet with a donut planet around it\'s centre of gravity, so the stuff going from planet 1 to planet 2 first has to pass through the hole of the donut! :D

THERE WILL BE NO DONUT WORLDS STOP ASKING ABOUT IT >:C

YOU ARE FORGETTING WHAT KSP IS ALL ABOUT >:C

And you\'re forgetting that I\'M the one designing this system. It\'s MY project, it\'s not like I\'m deciding the future of the game. I think a donut planet sounds stupid, so I\'m NOT going to make one. If you don\'t like it, then I\'m sorry. If you want to discuss donut planets somewhere, then just make a thread in offtopic or something...

Edited by Deddly
Bad word removed after 8 years in all its glory

YOU ARE FORGETTING WHAT KSP IS ALL ABOUT >:C

KSP is about tending to the good of Kerbalkind by constructing rockets capable of space travel and the planetary insertion of other celestial bodies. I don\'t get how doughnut-shaped worlds are relevant. :P

In other words the game itself may be silly anyway but it isn\'t Monty Python silly.

And you\'re forgetting that I\'M the one designing this system. It\'s MY project, it\'s not like I\'m deciding the future of the game. I think a donut planet sounds fucking stupid, so I\'m NOT going to make one. If you don\'t like it, then I\'m sorry. If you want to discuss donut planets somewhere, then just make a thread in offtopic or something...

KSP is about tending to the good of Kerbalkind by constructing rockets capable of space travel and the planetary insertion of other celestial bodies. I don\'t get how doughnut-shaped worlds are relevant. :P

In other words the game itself may be silly anyway but it isn\'t Monty Python silly.

:C

hm, im thinking on a natural side, maybe dwarf planets on the Kerpier belt and/or junk between egar and juturn they have strange properies, like one has a non-spherical shape(think Haumea in real life) or one with moons (Eris in real life)

also, i suggest Poosh(Juturns moon) is COVERED in ice and eve should, like the original pic, have thick clouds, i suggest they impede vision and increase air resistance(harder to get off the ground)

Lastly, Change the orbits on Jebadiah so they do NOT cross, it is understandable science that planets with crossing orbits WILL collide some time in Kerbal history

Just use a similar rendering system for clouds. A color map and an alpha map. But instead of cloud particles, make them look like millions of motes of dust (thousands per texture/sprite, mind you. We don\'t need to render millions of particles)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.