ENB for KSP

PhoenixTheSage

So sorry Tex_NL , admins , guys. I google searched KSP ENB and this was the 1st and only forum link. I should search inside forum for ENB, So sorry. Admins pls feel free to delete my msgs if needed. Thanks.

Hi @Sapphire , DOF is possible but not working great, so someone from Enb forums maybe can fix it (only working at some angles and sometimes enbseries effects reseting itself when ksp change scenes so you need to activate or Alt-Tab out and in game again). Here is a picture.

m4vzERC.jpg

I will post the files here and 4 different effect.txt file . DOF can be activated from enbseries.ini file. Also effect.txt files have DOF options.

This is the one i used at previous screenshots 1 page before, ( http://imgur.com/a/x9MZP#0 ) http://www./download/5eoodh9ems4266o/enb_ksp.rar

here are the 4 different effect.txt can be editable and effects On / Off. http://www./download/t7t7ctj05vbfv33/effects.rar

(1 folder has chromatic aberration /DOF etc and 2 3 4 , i dont remember, just open and see its options, most effects can be ON and OFF )

For activating SweetFX on and off, use Scroll Lock key (between printscreen and pause)

and for activating ENBSeries on and off , use Shift - F12 key

(sweetfx activated itself when game starts but Not Enbseries, so when at main menu Press Shift - F12) (also ENB deactivates itself time to time when changing Scenes)

Put everything inside Enb_ksp.rar to the main folder of ksp where ksp.exe is . To try different effect.txt s at effects.rar , replace it with original effect.txt file and edit as you wish.

Edit: i didnt Create those files, so i just edited/combined them for my taste. Thx to enbseries developers and moders.

edit2 : Some OnScreenDisplay programs like Msi Afterburner or Steam Overlay can prevent those files to work, so make sure those disabled if enb + sweetfx not working.

edit3 : you can adjust Saturation level at SweetFX_settings.txt "define Vibrance 0.15" to a lower number like 0 or -0.15 etc, and all other settings also.

Edited by disorderpunk

• 2 weeks later...
So sorry Tex_NL , admins , guys. I google searched KSP ENB and this was the 1st and only forum link. I should search inside forum for ENB, So sorry. Admins pls feel free to delete my msgs if needed. Thanks.

Don't worry about it. You didn't just senselessly raise this thread, you added to the discussion in a very relevant way. I'm very interested in this.

Cheers!

Capt'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

wish i could use a enb for ksp but till they let it use more than 3.8gig ram i cant even run all the mods i want

You do realise ENB would be using your video ram yeah?

I did a lot of ENB work with rfactor and released several times. I also did extensive work on ENB for Skyrim (customized some lighting mods as well). I am not affiliated with Boris Vorontsov but I've been using ENB for many years on many games. I was actually preparing to work on ENB for KSP this week in conjuction with the first release of a KSP Tweak Guide. Ask me anything.

edit: and guys don't bash the OP. He didn't make ENB, he simply made some settings up and released them with a dll that works with ksp (I assume, I haven't checked it but that's what most people do). There are better settings, and not everyone can agree on what settings are best.

Edited by bigsilverhotdog

I did a lot of ENB work with rfactor and released several times. I also did extensive work on ENB for Skyrim (customized some lighting mods as well). I am not affiliated with Boris Vorontsov but I've been using ENB for many years on many games. I was actually preparing to work on ENB for KSP this week in conjuction with the first release of a KSP Tweak Guide. Ask me anything.

edit: and guys don't bash the OP. He didn't make ENB, he simply made some settings up and released them with a dll that works with ksp (I assume, I haven't checked it but that's what most people do). There are better settings, and not everyone can agree on what settings are best.

I remember when this topic came up - I also felt a little uncomfortable about some voices turning the OP down. In my humble opinion - regardless of whether one likes the looks or not - its a great thing to "research" for KSP. So you, too, go on - I dont know too much about the backgrounds, but its enough to be following with interest.

Give me a bit of time. I'll see what I can turn out. No promises. ENB has never played particularly well with dark games without custom code, and space is a very dark place. OP also mentioned SweetFX, another option but not one I've preferred to use regularly for other genres where ENB is superior (RPG especially). Might be better for this game? Something to consider. Also don't underestimate Sparse Grid Supersampled Transparency Anti-Aliasing layered on top of standard AA. Works wonders.

What has me the most interested is what's being done with ENB and ENBoost for Skyrim. Basically it turns off the graphics features (you can use them, this is just designed as a boost only set) and offloads the memory handling to a helper DLL. My Skyrim would get up around 1.5GB RAM and start getting antsy, and this is on a Win7 64bit 8GB machine. With this little boost trick, I am at about 45% RAM than before and the enb DLL seems to hold everything else. This is with the latest 0.200 enb for Skyrim and ENBoost off the Nexus.

If this could some how be done for KSP, I would imagine there could be significant improvement for some people.

Anyway, good luck, I'll be following it.

Cheers!

Capt'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

What has me the most interested is what's being done with ENB and ENBoost for Skyrim. Basically it turns off the graphics features (you can use them' date=' this is just designed as a boost only set) and offloads the memory handling to a helper DLL. My Skyrim would get up around 1.5GB RAM and start getting antsy, and this is on a Win7 64bit 8GB machine. With this little boost trick, I am at about 45% RAM than before and the enb DLL seems to hold everything else. This is with the latest 0.200 enb for Skyrim and ENBoost off the Nexus.

If this could some how be done for KSP, I would imagine there could be significant improvement for some people.[/quote']ENBoost would indeed be awesome for KSP. I've only played with it, haven't looked at how it works, so I wonder how likely it is to be compatible with KSP. Being able to allocate more than ~3GB of RAM would solve a lot of headaches here, but of course, that's not going to happen. The next best thing would be if Squad didn't allocate memory for every single object at startup, but that's not happening either. So, the next best thing would be a dynamic memory manager like ENBoost, which forces the game to operate in a sane way regarding its memory.

I'm going to second what Skunky said. I actually tried to force ENBoost to work with ENB for KSP to no effect due to incompatibilities and my total lack of knowledge on such things. The memory wall lots of us are hitting since the .20 release is the single most frustrating thing ever. I used to be able to have easily 2 or maybe 3 times the mods installed I can have now in .20. B9, Firespitter, ISA Mapsat, multiple sizes of stock wings since P-Wings hadn't been created yet... I've stripped the game down to my very small personal mods, one part from Firespitter and the DLL for custom sounds, the Warp Drive Mod, and that's it. As much as I love it, I can't even install B9 without my machine hitting the limit, and that's supposed to be pretty optimized. If there is ANY chance that ENBoost could be made to work for KSP to lighten the load like it does for Skyrim, I think it might just be the mod of the century for a LOT of us lower-end machine folks...

Edited by Ryugi

I'm going to second what Skunky said. I actually tried to force ENBoost to work with ENB for KSP to no effect due to incompatibilities and my total lack of knowledge on such things. The memory wall lots of us are hitting since the .20 release is the single most frustrating thing ever. I used to be able to have easily 2 or maybe 3 times the mods installed I can have now in .20. B9, Firespitter, ISA Mapsat, multiple sizes of stock wings since P-Wings hadn't been created yet... I've stripped the game down to my very small personal mods, one part from Firespitter and the DLL for custom sounds, the Warp Drive Mod, and that's it. As much as I love it, I can't even install B9 without my machine hitting the limit, and that's supposed to be pretty optimized. If there is ANY chance that ENBoost could be made to work for KSP to lighten the load like it does for Skyrim, I think it might just be the mod of the century for a LOT of us lower-end machine folks...

As I understand ENBoost, it would never help the lower-end machine folk. It is designed to take advantage of memory greater than the normal limit (~3.1GB RAM) as well as loading massive amounts of texture data into the GPU's own RAM. The more of each, the more effective ENBoost would be. It creates a cache in a separate process, which essentially doubles the available RAM, then swaps which items are in which process's memory dynamically. If you are on a low-end system, there's not going to be any spare system or gpu RAM for it to use.

As I understand ENBoost, it would never help the lower-end machine folk. It is designed to take advantage of memory greater than the normal limit (~3.1GB RAM) as well as loading massive amounts of texture data into the GPU's own RAM. The more of each, the more effective ENBoost would be. It creates a cache in a separate process, which essentially doubles the available RAM, then swaps which items are in which process's memory dynamically. If you are on a low-end system, there's not going to be any spare system or gpu RAM for it to use.

Let me put it this way, as I said. .19 allowed me to have many, many more mods installed than .20+ does. My system loaded them fine, only occasionally crashed on launch due to the dreaded 2nd Launch Crash bug which has since been fixed, and I had a blast. Whatever changed in the way .20 handles loading parts or whatnot has effectively killed a great deal of my enjoyment of the game, because I no longer have even half of the options open to me with which to play within the sandbox. My system crashes due to the game maxing out memory where it did not before, even with, easily, twice the amount of part mods and plugins I am currently stuck with. So, if ENBoost can swap out system memory and use it along with GPU memory to even approximate what .19 allowed me to do flawlessly and with no loadscreen crashes, then I think it WOULD help a great deal.

I have a feeling it has SOMETHING to do with the parts filtering that was introduced in .20.

I5 2500k

GTX 770 2GB

8 GB ddr3

I still crash from memory issues, even with that hardware. Makes it interesting testing parts >.<

The easiest solution would be for unity to make a breakthough in the x64 department, but that still leaves the x86 users behind.

Let me put it this way, as I said. .19 allowed me to have many, many more mods installed than .20+ does. My system loaded them fine, only occasionally crashed on launch due to the dreaded 2nd Launch Crash bug which has since been fixed, and I had a blast. Whatever changed in the way .20 handles loading parts or whatnot has effectively killed a great deal of my enjoyment of the game, because I no longer have even half of the options open to me with which to play within the sandbox. My system crashes due to the game maxing out memory where it did not before, even with, easily, twice the amount of part mods and plugins I am currently stuck with. So, if ENBoost can swap out system memory and use it along with GPU memory to even approximate what .19 allowed me to do flawlessly and with no loadscreen crashes, then I think it WOULD help a great deal.
I have the exact opposite situation you do. .20 essentially allowed me to double the number of mods I'm running. But, this isn't the place to beat that dead horse.

As far as I know, there's no source code out there for ENBoost. If it doesn't work for KSP out of the box, there's very little chance it ever will. I can only begin to imagine how its developer optimized it for Skyrim, and I can't imagine it would work for KSP. Skyrim's world is based on cells whose contents are well-defined and fairly unchanging. This would allow for a very efficient look-ahead, to know which data needs to be loaded next into the extended memory, before being swapped into the main memory. KSP is wholly different in that regard, in that objects can be anywhere in the universe, and in constant motion.

• 4 months later...

From what time I've spent using ENB(oost), it's tailored to the Havok/Gamebryo/creation engine. The generic ENB does certainly work, but contains none of the memory-handling magic.

It sounds like we just need to get Boris interested in playing KSP! ;)