Turbo Shaft Engines and Rotor blades make no sound?

I mean ok sorry for bumbing this....the update is awesome and all is looking good.Just i have to say it, why not put some placeholder sounds for the engines.Feels so weird thats total silence.Even a random noise would be fine with me until there is a chance to do something more realistic. 

I suspect it must be a bug... 

The in-game part description even says, "Also emits a pleasantly high pitch whine" and like you, I hear nothing. 

The lack of sound makes sense for the other electro-motor rotary engines.  So I think they just forgot to link the sound file to these versions and they are still running as if electric only.  Probably had to do with reusing the shell for the part file of electric rotary engines without sound effects.  In analyzing the associated part files, I see these engines don't have the typical "Effects" or various "Audio" nodes of the other fuel burning engine parts.  So they will just need to be added in an update I s'pose.

I do look forward to hearing what they sound like.

Edited by XLjedi

2 hours ago, XLjedi said:

I do look forward to hearing what they sound like.

Yup same here!I am also fine with electric/robotic parts being silent but i want my ''real'' engines to be loud :prograde: .

Edited by Boyster

Just now, Boyster said:

Yup same here!I am also fine with robotic parts being silent but i want my engines to be loud :prograde: .

I posted a bug tracker item for it...   

https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/23179?issue_count=3&issue_position=1&next_issue_id=22832

In examining the part file, and a bit of flight testing...  I also noticed my batteries were running dead with these engines because they don't have alternators!  These really should also be generating some electricity to keep your electrical systems and batteries up during flight.  I mentioned that in my bug comments too.

• 3 months later...
On 7/14/2019 at 1:17 AM, XLjedi said:

Well that bug was just recently set to Confirmed by Squad 14 days ago, so I guess they're officially aware of it now if they weren't already.

Quite surprised this wasn't fixed in 1.8.

Edited by klesh

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.