New patcher available...?

Boex

Guys, there's no secret going on here. The new patcher was done shortly after the last release. It's merely being put in place for the eventual release of 0.17. At the most you can infer that yes, Squad is still working on KSP and yes, 0.17 will be released at some future time. There's no conspiracy here. :P

Cheers!

Capt'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

Guys' date=' there's no secret going on here. The new patcher was done shortly [i']after the last release. It's merely being put in place for the eventual release of 0.17. At the most you can infer that yes, Squad is still working on KSP and yes, 0.17 will be released at some future time. There's no conspiracy here. :P

Cheers!

Capt'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

You're just saying that because you are a part of the conspiracy!

giorgio_tsoukalos_aliens.png?w=468

On topic, I clicked the accept and nothing happened, is that normal?

On topic, I clicked the accept and nothing happened, is that normal?

Try running the patcher manually - it should be the new version. The same thing happened to me, I guess the patcher is very small and downloads almost instantly.

Edited by Awaras

I don't even have the patcher in my KSP folder:O It's a fresh installation, what's going on?

Me neither, I even clicked the 'search for updates' in the bottom left of the main menu screen and it told me I had the latest version (.16.0) :S I have no idea what's going on

I don't even have the patcher in my KSP folder:O It's a fresh installation, what's going on?

Not sure why that is, it's probably because you got it off the website, rather than patched from 0.15. I guess it'll download the patcher when you hit update when 0.17 comes out. :D

The UI of the new patcher looks pretty good.

Except for one little detail: The buttons is outside the box for me. :)

It does not seem to handle fontsizes in windows very well (basically, everything is statically positioned?)

is there any way to tell if mine has been updated? somehow through the game or through my KSP's install directory?

just so you know my situation, I installed 0.16 about a month ago, and that's my first and only install of KSP

I've run into an annoying problem: the patcher does not recognize my KSP store account (it tells me I'm not authorized to download an update and tells me to check my login info). However, the KSP store itself has no problem with my account. I'm pretty sure that's not normal.

You probably have no patcher in your KSP folder. If that's the case, you won't be able to get the updated one(as far as I know) and we'll probably have to download a full zip archive once 0.17 is released.

k , thx. will I still be able to transfer over my spaceships and saved games?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.