Log orbital events

pincushionman

Is there a way to log orbital events (specifically, captures and escapes from SOIs) of a vessel? I know I can use HyperEdit to extract the current orbital elements, but I need to be able to get the times of various events to compare the in-game simulation and what I'm calculating in KOMET (right now, there are differences I need to diagnose). I tried letting the game run and screenshotting when captures/escapes occur, but that only gives me time down to within a second or two, and with ships and planets moving at hundreds or thousands of meters per second, I believe I need more precision than that. Is there a mod that will let me export such a log?

Thanks much!

Edited by pincushionman

What are the variables you are looking to compare?

Not sure of a mod that does specifically what you want, however if you provide me a list of the information you are looking to get your hands on it wouldn't take much to write a mod to export that info to a text file you can open in any text editor

Give me a list, I give you a mod ... fair trade, no?

:)

8 hours ago, pincushionman said:

Is there a way to log orbital events (specifically, captures and escapes from SOIs) of a vessel? I know I can use HyperEdit to extract the current orbital elements, but I need to be able to get the times of various events to compare the in-game simulation and what I'm calculating in KOMET (right now, there are differences I need to diagnose). I tried letting the game run and screenshotting when captures/escapes occur, but that only gives me time down to within a second or two, and with ships and planets moving at hundreds or thousands of meters per second, I believe I need more precision than that. Is there a mod that will let me export such a log?

Thanks much!

Besides The Kaptain's Log, there is the following:

Flight Plan 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.