KSP 2= pc = BOOM

3 hours ago, Nuke said:

just make sure your power supply can handle the abuse you are going to throw its way. 

*debates whether or not my 2 year old sfx650w psu can handle an rtx2080*

holesntly this supply has been rock solid since i got it. but im going to be adding another 100 or so tdp to the system. 

My main rig has a 750w for the motherboard and drives and a 1000w for the 2 Vega's. I'll be fine lul

On 9/21/2019 at 5:38 PM, burn boi said:

what do you think?

get rich and buy a new pc like the rest of the west bra.

On 9/21/2019 at 8:14 PM, Galileo said:

Welcome to the internet. When you post things on a public forum, even jokes, especially not so obvious ones, and especially about things like KSP performance, on the KSP forum, you can expect answers like this. So, for you to respond immediately with 

after literally asking "what do you think?" makes me scratch my head. Also, welcome to the forums. I see you joined in May but have not participated very much since then. I hope your stay here is a little less abrasive going forward.

well to be fair the fire part is obvious enough for me at least. 

On 9/23/2019 at 2:18 PM, Lord Aurelius said:

An average desktop CPU tops out at around 90W (lower TDP parts will potentially boost into this range as well briefly and throttle sooner, the TDP is a measure of average power), anything less than a high end air cooler/liquid cooling will have trouble keeping up with this rate of heat production under sustained load.

A 5 second google search shows me a 95W cooler for ~18USD...

12 hours ago, Incarnation of Chaos said:

My pure rock is rated at 150w and was around 40 USD. There's nothing special about cooling these chips; they've been around forever.

This, it was an problem back in the Pentium 4 days who was also before heat pipes was used fro cpu cooling. Nowdays it no issue cooling desktop cpu's.