Suggestion: Changed error message when creating sub-assemblies

Please consider changing the error message that can be displayed when creating sub-assemblies. The current message is confusing since the selected part (probably often interpreted as the whole intended sub-assembly) may have multiple attachable points, while still getting this error.

Current: "The selected part is not attachable".

Suggestion: "The root part must be attachable".

Thank you.

I think this would be a good change.  I didn't use sub assemblies for quite some time because while I knew I was doing something wrong, I had no idea what I was doing wrong.  Might be a good idea to expand it with something like "Use the re-root tool to select a new root for the sub assembly."

11 hours ago, Zarkov2 said:

Suggestion: "The root part of the subassemly must be attachable".

Small correction / improvement.

But what would IMHO be more important is to make the error message more prominent. Well, actually issue a "this didn't work" beep when trying to save an improper subassembly. When I ran into that problem it took me a while until I saw that there is an error message and that it wasn't a case of KSP not responding to my inputs.

1 hour ago, AHHans said:

Small correction / improvement.

But what would IMHO be more important is to make the error message more prominent. Well, actually issue a "this didn't work" beep when trying to save an improper subassembly. When I ran into that problem it took me a while until I saw that there is an error message and that it wasn't a case of KSP not responding to my inputs.

It took me a while to see the message as well. But once I saw it, it would honestly be better if it had read "Error 12345" or similar. Then I would have been forced to immediately search for an answer, instead of trying to make it work based on incorrect assumptions.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.