[1.5 - 1.10] Kerbalism 3.11

Sir Mortimer

Is it normal that science completion time goes up with yellow simulation? I've checked EC and coms.

This is not the first alarm, I've checked the probe on day 93 MET and added another alarm.

IhxW5zW.png

PaNb2fa.png

UPDATE:

Removing EVE, Scatterer, Astronomers pack, and their configs fixed the issue. 

Not sure if it's my Potato PC, or there is some compatibility issue.

Edited by russiannuke
UPDATE

31 minutes ago, russiannuke said:

Is it normal that science completion time goes up with yellow simulation? I've checked EC and coms.

This is not the first alarm, I've checked the probe on day 93 MET and added another alarm.

IhxW5zW.png

what do you mean, goes up? regular duration is 90 days. Maybe during the night your probe run out of electricity and stopped the experiment?

8 minutes ago, king of nowhere said:

what do you mean, goes up? regular duration is 90 days. Maybe during the night your probe run out of electricity and stopped the experiment?

It has double the electricity that's needed to survive the night. I said "I've checked EC".

And this is not the only probe, I have one sitting next to the runway, same deal.

Edited by russiannuke

13 minutes ago, russiannuke said:

It has double the electricity that's needed to survive the night. I said "I've checked EC".

And this is not the only probe, I have one sitting next to the runway, same deal.

Sorry if I have to ask, but I have no other ideas: when you checked EC, did you run a calculation, or did you follow the probe all the night and saw that it still had a battery in the end? Because other factors, like signal transmission and temperature, may affect battery life.

If it's not lack of electricity, then I have no idea. I can maybe suspect some artifact of time warping, they happen occasionally.

Wait, I got another idea: data transmission.

Maybe the probe has a full hard disk, and cannot relay the data to Kerbin fast enough, and so it slowed down science collection? in that case it's limited by how fast it can transmit the data.

5 minutes ago, king of nowhere said:

Sorry if I have to ask, but I have no other ideas: when you checked EC, did you run a calculation, or did you follow the probe all the night and saw that it still had a battery in the end? Because other factors, like signal transmission and temperature, may affect battery life.

If it's not lack of electricity, then I have no idea. I can maybe suspect some artifact of time warping, they happen occasionally.

Wait, I got another idea: data transmission.

Maybe the probe has a full hard disk, and cannot relay the data to Kerbin fast enough, and so it slowed down science collection? in that case it's limited by how fast it can transmit the data.

I have battery alerts on, so I would have known if it was out of juice, and I stayed with it through the night as well, there are many relays for transmission, and 2Gb+ storage space. 

What I'm asking is if it's normal, because I have a potato PC? Or if I did something by installing visual enhancements mods that made my game be run in yellow timewarp thingy all the time?

Edit: Plus it's not the only probe, but it's the first time I added an alarm for science and noticed, because I wanted to move the rover to another biome.

Edited by russiannuke

Just now, russiannuke said:

What I'm asking is if it's normal, because I have a potato PC? Or if I did something by installing visual enhancements mods that made my game be run in yellow timewarp thingy all the time?

It's normal. Kerbalism runs a lot of processes, and some of them can get messed by time warp. Mod conflicts can also arise. I really have no idea.

But I do have experience, and during my latest grand tour with this mod on, I recorded no less than 47 different bugs. Some of them part of the core game or the rss mod, but many of them intrinsic to kerbalism.

My attitude to finding a bug then is to just try and run the mission as best as I can despite it. If you keep playing with this game, you'll likely find a lot more bugs too, and you'll also be less "why is that" and more "if it doesn't kill the mission, it's barely worth mentioning"

Just now, king of nowhere said:

It's normal. Kerbalism runs a lot of processes, and some of them can get messed by time warp. Mod conflicts can also arise. I really have no idea.

But I do have experience, and during my latest grand tour with this mod on, I recorded no less than 47 different bugs. Some of them part of the core game or the rss mod, but many of them intrinsic to kerbalism.

My attitude to finding a bug then is to just try and run the mission as best as I can despite it. If you keep playing with this game, you'll likely find a lot more bugs too, and you'll also be less "why is that" and more "if it doesn't kill the mission, it's barely worth mentioning"

I'll just add another 70% time to all the science timing then, for my own sanity.

9 hours ago, nrum7366 said:

Hello everyone -

Does anyone know if this works with Real antennas, nothing is mentioned in the list.

Real Antennas and Kerbalism are used together in RO/RP-1.  However I have no idea if that needs additional configs over what the Real Antennas and Kerbalism include. 

3 hours ago, Gotmachine said:

@king of nowhereYou're missing the Harmony dependency.

now that you mention, I vaguely recall having the same issue in the past, since harmony is not mentioned anywhere that I can see on the front post or on the first few links that I tried.

I checked, my old kerbalism install had harmony 1.2.0.1 inside its folder. I copied that file as it is, and got the same error; I suppose it's an outdated version.
I searched on the forum; I wasn't really expecting anything, as "harmony" is a common word that could lead to a lot of spurious results, but I found a link to version 2.2.1, which should be the latest one.

downloaded, put the folder into game data, the game loaded, but when I opened it I got another error message

4bnTVV9.png

and the log file

https://tezfiles.com/file/1ac56cea7824c/KSP.log

which has become surprisingly big, and kept getting bigger by the minute until i force-closed the game

at this point I don't know anything else to try with my limited knowledge, I must ask help again

Edited by king of nowhere

@king of nowhere Assuming you are installing manually, https://github.com/Kerbalism/Kerbalism lists the required dependencies, and even includes links to download them.  But in general I recommend using ckan to install mods, as that will automatically install the dependencies for you.
Regarding the first post, Sir Mortimer hasn't logged into the forums for over a year, so probably isn't around to update the first post.  

3 hours ago, AVaughan said:

@king of nowhere Assuming you are installing manually, https://github.com/Kerbalism/Kerbalism lists the required dependencies, and even includes links to download them.  But in general I recommend using ckan to install mods, as that will automatically install the dependencies for you.
Regarding the first post, Sir Mortimer hasn't logged into the forums for over a year, so probably isn't around to update the first post.  

module manager, I have the last version. harmony, I just got the latest version.

community resource pack, the one I have is still from 2020. but following the link, I get to a point where it says there are no releases. I can't find a release of crp to download

1 hour ago, Max_Xu said:

The radiation of scientists in the space station has been rising, but I have searched the whole technology tree and found no RDU.

what is the name of RDU in the technology tree?

radiation decontamination unit.

it's a functionality added to the hitchhicker container once you get a certain tech, but I don't remember which one

4 minutes ago, king of nowhere said:

radiation decontamination unit.

it's a functionality added to the hitchhicker container once you get a certain tech, but I don't remember which one

yes, i know that RDU is the abbreviation of radiation separation unit.

but i can't find RDU even in sandbox mode.

1 hour ago, Max_Xu said:

yes, i know that RDU is the abbreviation of radiation separation unit.

but i can't find RDU even in sandbox mode.

you don't get it in sandbox mode by default; because all the improvements are only unlocked by researching the tech, not by starting with it.

here i explain how to unlock it.

you can also to start in career or science mode, cheat yourself all the science you need, and research the tech manually

1 hour ago, king of nowhere said:

you don't get it in sandbox mode by default; because all the improvements are only unlocked by researching the tech, not by starting with it.

here i explain how to unlock it.

you can also to start in career or science mode, cheat yourself all the science you need, and research the tech manually

THANK YOU! i found it!