Game is running so slow.. not a frame rate thing but loading screen delays

Hi all, new member here. I have been playing for years and have never officially signed up on the forum.

I wanted to start a post because I have recently ran into an issue and was hoping I could get some advice.

Lately, Its gotten to the point to where I dont want to play because its so slow.... Even simple changes like going from a vehicle to the tracking station or back to the space center take like a minute... makes it completely unbearable when you forgot to add crew or some simple change and you gotta go back and forth. My save file is only a couple hour shift old as I recently started a new save so my crafts are very simple and have very few items in my tracking station

KSP Version 1.8.1

I have the following mods

x Science Continued

Kerbal Engineering Redux

MechJeb 2

Precise Manuever

Trajectories

Computer specs

Intel Core i5-4590 BX80646I54590 Processor (6M Cache, 3.3 GHz)

G.Skill 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800 1600MHz Ripjaws Series (9-9-9-24) Dual Channel kit (F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL)

XFX Radeon Double D R9 280X 1000MHz Boost Ready 3GB DDR5 2XmDP HDMI 2XDVI Graphics Cards R9-280X-TDFD

I am not really a computer person so I'm not sure if there is other relevant data to share.

Any advice is appreciated... I love this game but dont want to play it right now.

Chances are it's your hard drive - scene changes do alot of I/O (because everything in the game (including your mods) saves and loads itself on every scene change) - of course it might be your mods too, but without a log, that's difficult to see.

Edited by severedsolo

Yeah if you don't have an SSD... one will help. I put off buying one for a long time and when I finally switched I was actually quite mad at myself for not doing it sooner lol

Also, don't forget to turn trajectories OFF when you aren't using it. Frees up so much cpu time!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.